Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are you a real skier?

Poster: A snowHead
This may have been asked before (though couldn't find it on search).

I have just found a questionnaire in 'fall-line skiing' which has been 'filled in' on my behalf by mr rpft. It was entitled something like 'are you a real skier' but mr rpft has re-named it 'are you completely obsessed with skiing' questions are as follows;

1. do you spend hours on internet ski forums & manufacturers websites?

2. Have you read the ultimate gear guide, cover to cover?

3. Do you own your own equipment?

4. Do you check webcams weeks before you go away to see how much snow has fallen?

5. Does a weeks heli-skiing sound better to you than a new car?

6. Have you ever considered jacking it all in & moving to the mountains for good?

You need to say yes to more than 4 to succeed as a 'real' skier. Mr. rpft think there are more questions which haven't been asked here - such as;

7. Are you still looking at webcams - yes you - in June/July/August etc?

8. Do you look at your ski's more than once a week?

Anybody any more??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
9. Does the vast majority of your X weeks of holiday allowances go on skiing trips?
latest report
 brian
brian
rpft, all except 2 and I have to look at my back up pair for 8 as my newer ones are in Switzerland. Is the ultimate gear guide a fall line thing ? Is it online ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
brian, don't know if it is online, it's def. in their mag though. think you have succeeded snowHead

Frosty the Snowman, oops, is that from you or mrs. FtS? Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Do you frequently dream about skiing?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
10. Do you spend your entire inheritance from a distant member of family on skis and ski holidays?

11. Do you say at least once a week 'I want to go skiing'

12. Do you check equipment sites regularly throughout the Summer, waiting for them to stock the next season's products
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rpft, oh dear, apart from the Heliskiing and Ultimate Gear Guide, I answered yes to all your questions, including your additional ones Sad I think I'm a real skier snowHead snowHead

10. Do you go skiing at the Snowdome on the first hot sunny day for weeks, when everybody else is basking in the sun?

Frosty the Snowman, Does ALL your X weeks of holiday go on skiing trips?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
laundryman, I do too - though rather too many about getting off the chair lift to find grass & no snow Evil or Very Mad

docsquid, I didn't say yes to the heli-skiing one either - you really need a good car to get you there don't you?

cherripowpow, 12 - I do that Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rpft, right now we just need a new car Very Happy

cherripowpow, 10 - thinking about it, 11 - Yes, 12 - Yes. It gets worse.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
1) Yes

2) No

3) Yes

4) Of course

5) No

6) Yes

7) Yes (and there's still snow in Sunshine, Alberta)

Cool Yes, every day, they are on display in my bedroom
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have you bought at least one holiday home in a ski resort? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rpft wrote:

Anybody any more??

Nice one. The heliskiing / new car is a no brainer. I would go for the new car, even a 1 year old family hatch.

other questions

*) have all your hospitalizations been ski injury related
*) have you split with a partner over your ski obsession
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
13 Do you go to the Snowheads ski tests in the summer

14 Do you post your comments on the skis you tested on Snowheads
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Do you look at potential couloirs in tiny green hills as you drive by them on a wet Weds?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
davidof wrote:

ouch, I think there may be a few snowHead who will feel twitchy about that one Shocked
latest report
Not at all relevant..... most of us are recreational as we just don't spend enough time doing it.
Some are quite keen once we get out there but to obsesse during the summer....???
There are plenty more things to do without wishing your life away waiting for the winter
snow conditions
JT, what are you doing here then? - go on, bog off back to your grouting forum wink Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JT wrote:

There are plenty more things to do without wishing your life away waiting for the winter

Hmmmm.....I almost disagree with that...almost
snow conditions
rpft wrote:

6. Have you ever considered jacking it all in & moving to the mountains for good?

yes-- to most of the others too-- (except heliskiing..)---and have been trying to work out a way to do #6--- for years.
Maybe this is the year to actually do it! Very Happy
snow report
I'm afraid I'm not a "real" skier after all, despite being on more than one ski forum in the summer! I answer quite a few "no" to the list of questions.

It's just recreation, that's all. Though I've been known to be rather serious about my leasure activities.

The real reason, however, is I'm obsessed about computer programming, which is my profession! So however serious I'm about other activities, they're of second priority. So, no, I will NOT jack it all in and move to the mountains. Though I've delayed getting a new car the last 2 years so I can have more skis (and bikes) & a vacation home near the mountain...
ski holidays
Sky tv for a year or 4 return easyjet flights to the alps?

Big screen tv or 50 days' skiing?

Couple of big nights out or a season pass at certain places?
snow report
abc, I reckon you are virtually real.
snow conditions
fatbob, do you have to ask Puzzled

A big night out means I ski like Bambi on ice and there is plenty of time for TV in the future when I can no longer do anything physical and need a nurse...
latest report
tequilaslammer, 11's getting there, but...
15) Do you GO skiing at least once a week, year in year out (and get withdrawal symptoms if it's not twice)!
snow report
GrahamN, it's a ratchet for me. Once I've done N days per year, I simply can't get by with less. snowHead
latest report
Reading this lot.....I think I may be a little obsessed too...... Cool Laughing
snow report
GrahamN, I recon I go skiing about 120+ times a year.

Wouldn't swap a new car for Heliski trip though.
ski holidays
16) Do you drink Jagermeister in the apres ski bar (or whinge about it being aniseed)? Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

*) have all your hospitalizations been ski injury related

Those two hit a little too close to home...Sad

No hospitalization, just hospital visits, ski injury related.

Being dumped by a MORE ski obsessed partner would put really put one in the dog house then. Wink
snow report
rpft, Guilty as charged Embarassed. Although I'm not as expert as Foxy wink
ski holidays
I make my own sandwiches for work every day, I worked out that if I do this all year I get a free season pass every winter in the resort of my choice, I'm in... Very Happy
snow conditions
I have just found a questionnaire in 'fall-line skiing' which has been 'filled in' on my behalf by mr rpft. It was entitled something like 'are you a real skier' but mr rpft has re-named it 'are you completely obsessed with skiing' questions are as follows;

1. do you spend hours on internet ski forums & manufacturers websites? Yes

2. Have you read the ultimate gear guide, cover to cover? Yes

3. Do you own your own equipment? Yes, lots

4. Do you check webcams weeks before you go away to see how much snow has fallen? Of course

5. Does a weeks heli-skiing sound better to you than a new car? No, rather have a new car

6. Have you ever considered jacking it all in & moving to the mountains for good? Frequently, but Mrs.S would find me.

You need to say yes to more than 4 to succeed as a 'real' skier. Mr. rpft think there are more questions which haven't been asked here - such as;

7. Are you still looking at webcams - yes you - in June/July/August etc? Yes

8. Do you look at your ski's more than once a week? Almost daily

9. Does the vast majority of your X weeks of holiday allowances go on skiing trips? 10. Do you spend your entire inheritance from a distant member of family on skis and ski holidays? What else would you spend it on, that would be a waste

10. Do you go skiing at the Snowdome on the first hot sunny day for weeks, when everybody else is basking in the sun? Yes

11. Do you say at least once a week 'I want to go skiing' More like 2 or 3 times

12. Do you check equipment sites regularly throughout the Summer, waiting for them to stock the next season's products Yes, got to keep ahead of the Jones's

13 Do you go to the Snowheads ski tests in the summer First time this year MK

14 Do you post your comments on the skis you tested on Snowheads I will

15) Do you GO skiing at least once a week, year in year out (and get withdrawal symptoms if it's not twice)! 2 or 3 times a week all year

16) Do you drink Jagermeister in the apres ski bar (or whinge about it being aniseed)? Toffee vodka & Mutzig old lager

I'd say I fell into the class of 'Real Skier'
ski holidays
Spyderman, hmmm, think there are a few of us here - except the bloke I told to 'bog off' half way down the page. toffee vodka? sounds too much like sweeties to me, I drink too much when it tastes like sweeties - baileys a classic example.

I think fall-line should take the car / heli skiing question out & replace it with one of ours Very Happy (ps we might buy another landy Shocked Toofy Grin )
snow report
I'm not a real skier - I hope you don't have to be a real skier to enjoy snowheads!
snow report
can't believe megamum hasn't left a comment on here Puzzled

EDIT

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
rpft,
Quote:

(ps we might buy another landy )

Mine is up on axle stands Sad Brake hose cut Shocked don't know if it was me off road wink or someone with a Stanley knife Evil or Very Mad The hose was only 5 months old. Puzzled Part on it's way from Paddocks, so fix it Wed. What are you buying?
snow report
rpft,
Quote:

toffee vodka? sounds too much like sweeties to me,

Works perfectly in combination with Mutzig Very Happy Laughing
snow report
rpft,
Very Happy

OK, here's my answers:

1. do you spend hours on internet ski forums & manufacturers websites?
YES to snowHead , sometime on manufacturers websites

2. Have you read the ultimate gear guide, cover to cover?
NO

3. Do you own your own equipment?
SOME of it

4. Do you check webcams weeks before you go away to see how much snow has fallen?
YES

5. Does a weeks heli-skiing sound better to you than a new car?
NO

Jacking it all in YES, moving to the mountains Puzzled I don't know where I'd move to

7. Are you still looking at webcams - yes you - in June/July/August etc?
NO

8. Do you look at your ski's more than once a week?
NO - don't own skis yet, I look at my boots though - does that count?

9. Does the vast majority of your X weeks of holiday allowances go on skiing trips?
A certain proportion of it

10. Do you spend your entire inheritance from a distant member of family on skis and ski holidays?
NO

11. Do you say at least once a week 'I want to go skiing'
NO, but it gets more often in the winter

12. Do you check equipment sites regularly throughout the Summer, waiting for them to stock the next season's products
NO - I look on them for bargins!!

13 Do you go to the Snowheads ski tests in the summer
NO - I would like to though

14 Do you post your comments on the skis you tested on Snowheads
I would if I went, but they'd not be technical reviews

15) Do you GO skiing at least once a week, year in year out (and get withdrawal symptoms if it's not twice)!
NO

16) Do you drink Jagermeister in the apres ski bar (or whinge about it being aniseed)?
NO, but do drink red wine with friends!!
snow conditions
Megamum,
Quote:

Jacking it all in YES, moving to the mountains I don't know where I'd move to

Resort X?
snow conditions
Spyderman, not sure if we will - but it would be lovely Toofy Grin we bought a bumper today from paddocks too Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy