Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Disabled Snowsports

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.justgiving.com/skipatrol07

Please join us or sponsor us - its for a good cause!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 17-06-07 14:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll be participating in this.. whether or not I'll be barefoot depends what the walk is like Neh Neh

But yeah, any donations or fellow walkers would be great Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do it barefoot.....please dave?
£10 so far..... Very Happy
most of the walk is on grass, its just the beginning thats roads and tracks.....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
cherripowpow, your link is no longer active.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
it's actually skipatrol07 - can a mod edit? Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ah good...

we had this small problem getting access to equipment for a young fellow... which was eventually sorted...

but it seems he has some talent... and could maybe go further if he could get access to equipment and training...

can you tell us how we get him some help if he wants to make the attempt at competing? (I only know the situation on other side of world)

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=18081&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Thanks Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you visit http://www.disabilitysnowsport.org.uk the homepage for the charity, they have details on everything they do, and should be able to help.
They help the British Disabled Ski Team and can provide trainig for competitions etc.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cherripowpow, Unfortunately the person little tiger, was referring to is Irish, and therefore not eligible for British anything AFAIK. Sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Really? Man that sucks....is he living in Ireland then? Hmm...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
cherripowpow, yeah dublin IIRC.... should be in that thread.... was a total saga getting any contact details to get him a sitski(maybe you guys need more links??)

In the end we succeeded and seems all went well but it was suggested that with some work and own equipment he could be Ireland's first paralympic skier..... so now we start again...

Any ideas where we should start? I do not have a clue for here.... at home there are avenues to locate contacts etc.... So we can at least contact race coaches for camps etc...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
little tiger, I should probably clarify that neither of us have any direct relationship to the charity - we're just doing a fundraiser for it... Sorry to disappoint Sad

(Saying that, cherripowpow might have some suggestions anyway)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ok toiletduckuk, cherripowpow, want to do some fund raising for a talented kid seems to have no charity he can apply to?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cherripowpow, so how many of you are going to be doing the walk?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I should hastily add that little tiger has apparently deleted the post that my previous post had vehemently responded to.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nah that was the mods.
Well we're still trying to get more people to jon. So far there's 6 of us confirmed, and 4 who may be coming. I haven't heard back from most people. but everyones welcome.
snow report
cherripowpow, will there be shots of Tequila at the top? Wink
snow report
Is that WTFH by any chance?
snow conditions
cherripowpow, that's "sir" to you!

OK, I've put my money where my mouth is for this.

Hopefully a few others who are vocal about disabled snowsports will do likewise.
snow report
Thankyou Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Shock if name changes are possible, can i stop being a toiletduck? (and on natives too?)

(and thankyou for the donation sir fox, you should join us in Yorkshire - i'll provide the guiness! I guess I still owe you a crate Laughing)
snow report
toiletduckuk wrote:
(and thankyou for the donation sir fox, you should join us in Yorkshire - i'll provide the guiness! I guess I still owe you a crate Laughing)

toiletduckuk, now that's tempting!

What would you like to be changed to on Natives?

Here are a few suggestions:
Loobrush
Bogroll
UrinalCake
ski holidays
Surely better suggestions would be stuff like Domestos or CilletBang NehNeh

I'd still prefer to be known as Dave Sad
latest report
OK, I'll change Natives for you.

...Done Laughing
snow report
toiletduckuk, we already have a Dave - do you have any other choices?
snow conditions
Thankyou for the donation Yoda - do we need to call you Sir too?
latest report
Yoda, if DaveC wasn't taken, then he'd have the same name here as on Natives...
snow report
Nobody change his name - everyone knows him as toiletduck and its annoying when he objects.
My name change was different cos I'm known as tequila anyway - I don't know why i chose the other name. I must have been drunk. Very very drunk.
ski holidays
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hmmmmm.....you wanting me to kiss your feet or is that the barefootness, or something completely different altogether?
snow report
Maybe I need to see CEM or a zookeeper?
latest report
Yoda, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy