Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Finally - I've got a boot dryer :-)

Poster: A snowHead
OK, so having had another fight with the boot liners, despite the best advice and demo by CEM at MK, I've finally sprung for a boot drier. I got a Therm-ic one from Snow and Rock - they had it reduced a bit. Good service actually I ordered late Thursday night on the web and it turned up this morning. I'm looking forward to warm boots next year, and am hopeful that there might be enough time in an evening to get the kids boots dry with it too. Kids with warm dry feet sound a good idea.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good for you! You won't regret it. They are brilliant.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Megamum, The wife has some too.....now there's no moaning on cold mornings Laughing. Actually I secretly use them too.....but don't tell anyone wink Laughing Laughing. What type did you buy?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
R32, I don't know for how long the link will stay live, but for the moment it was this one:

http://www.snowandrock.com/shop/activity/ski/accessories/boot_dryers/products/THM0004.htm
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum, Wife's are different, they don't blow hot air but are like mini radiators for each boot......were £20 in S&R sale....saved £5!! Think yours might be better though as hers take a while to warm up. Still think she's soft though wink Laughing Laughing .
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I use the 'Dampire' silica crystals in bags. Work really well and don't need power, so good for US as well as Europe. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spyderman, Yep....I use the Dampire bags too....they're great, dry my boots out in no time which is a spectacular feat when you consider how soggy they get! They're a bit heavy for the old luggage allowance though...don't know how they compare to the electric gizmos on that front.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ive got three of them and when we get home from a hard day they go straight into the boots and by morning weve got dry toasty warm boots, Very Happy one of the best little gadgets i have ever bought.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
R32 wrote:
Megamum, Wife's are different, they don't blow hot air but are like mini radiators for each boot......were £20 in S&R sale....saved £5!! Think yours might be better though as hers take a while to warm up......

R32 Nah, compared to your's the 'hairdryer' type are way more expensive, are noisy at night & prone to baggage handler damage.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

& prone to baggage handler damage.

Yes, but only if you fly - I try to drive where possible - and I'd bet a cushioning of ski gear around it in a suitcase equal to baggage handlers anyday
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Suitcase?

What's that?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Whats wrong with putting boots or liners on a warm (ie not scolding hot) radiator?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bucking bronco wrote:
Whats wrong with putting boots or liners on a warm (ie not scolding hot) radiator?

Nowt, we're just gearHeads with time on our hands & money in our pockets Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh dear, now I'm a gearhead with more money than sense - not only have I been done for a noisy bootdrier that's going to be bust by the time I get it there, but I didn't need it when I have access to a warm radiator, and now I'm a GearHead - sheesh.....I can't win!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Megamum, welcome to the club - I've got three of them driers rolling eyes. And I reckon you'll have skis before the start of the season wink
ski holidays
spyderjon, Cool snowHead
snow conditions
I still wish to know how many actually use suitcases Shocked instead of giant wheeled bags adapted for ski gear.

I think I threw out the last of mine in 1984 or thereabouts.
snow report
comprex, wheelie bag for me c/w boot section at each end. Although I bought cheap first time around & the handle/wheels got mashed rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy