Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flights to Chambery - now where?

Poster: A snowHead
Mixed ability bunch - 5 of us - reds / blues, occasional blacks
Self drive from the airport - 2hrs tops

Prefer an apartment, walk to or on slopes

Daughter taking her friend so we need two bedrooms and a sofabed or three bedrooms

Arr 23/2/08
Dep 01/3/08

Thanks,

SM

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 15-06-07 17:48; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shockingmoment, you're 1h30 from us in Chamonix - we have 2 x 2 bedrooms with sofa beds and 1 x 3 bed. Very high quality renovations, 2 minutes from Brevent lift, 3 minutes from town centre, quiet neighbourhood.

You can check out at www.ski-chx.com.

What dates are you booked for?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David - thanks for the quick reply.

We've been to Cham 3 times, really enjoyed it, its a great place, but this time want to avoid the drives / chambus up and down the valley.

To save grief (for me) want to walk to lifts if possible so I can go out early and they meet up with me later when they decide (eventually) to get up and out.

They don't tolerate me strumming my fingers on the breakfast table, checking my watch repeatedly anymore.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh - and we dont want luxury - well we do, but we can't afford luxury prices!

So clean, simple, central, family value (my two could eat for England) - not much really
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shockingmoment, www.chaletsdirect.com have a good priced catered chalet in Tignes le brevieres called chalet le loup. Stayed in march this year and enjoyed lots. Don't know if you've been before but Le brevieres isn't lively but if you want a cracking bar then Vincents is great and if you know Espace Killy, you know its got everything that you need.

Also wanting flights to Chambery myself to go back, was wondering who you booked your flights with?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
shockingmoment,
May I be the first to suggest that La Ros may well fit your stated criteria. I don't know about appartments though.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
shockingmoment, La Tania? All the benefits of the 3V at more reasonable prices? Plenty of private chalets there
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
whitewizard wrote:
shockingmoment, www.chaletsdirect.com have a good priced catered chalet in Tignes le brevieres called chalet le loup. Stayed in march this year and enjoyed lots. Don't know if you've been before but Le brevieres isn't lively but if you want a cracking bar then Vincents is great and if you know Espace Killy, you know its got everything that you need.

Also wanting flights to Chambery myself to go back, was wondering who you booked your flights with?

thanks for the info.

jet2 was my weapon of choice this time round, from manchester. usually sleazyjet do it for me, and mightily fine too, but j2 were out first, and a sneaky price check revealed a £60 saving to boot, which we'll put toward....

suggestions on a postcard or a sealed envelope (or just post here)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I did Les Arcs (1950) from Chambery, travelling on my own - some lovely guys gave me a lift to the funicular, then I got the shuttle to resort. Liked the route so much I've booked it for our hols in La Tania next year.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
the french alps are your oystersugggest st martin de bellville
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
3 valleys would work very well from chambery. only an 1 1/2 ish have a look at my site for mottaret info... high altitude and easy access to all valleys
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Try the Maurienne valley its nearer and easier to get to than the main tarentaise resorts,i was led to belive the benefit of the cheap airlines was to escape the package tour operator resorts with their high prices, crowded boring pistes ,shockingmoment grasp your chance and try something different,however Tgners Les Brevieres,la tania,St Martin and le Pre ,Pralognan,La Praz and maybe even la Rosiere are all fine so where ever you go its got to better than the pish weather we have here at present!!!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
shockingmoment, no worries...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
everyone - thanks for the info - plenty for me to look at

tomf, can you suggest anywhere in the Maurienne valley? 3 bed appt, short walk to lifts

thanks,

SM
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
easy- La Norma mega little resort with great access to the rest of the valley ,10 minutes from the the main autoroute ,near the Frejus tunnel if you fancy a day in Italy and only 75 minutes from Chambery airport -try Erna Low for the apartments Balcons d annais good sized slope side apartments with free parking right outside ,oh and by the way the adult lift pass to cover the 3 local resorts of Aussois,La Norma and Valfrejus is only £86 .iThe cycle race the Dauphine was in the Maurienne today at Valloire and St Sorlin there was still plenty of snow on the tops of the mountains and the scenery looked superb ps still pish misty drisly cold weather here in Speyside it a shame we didnt have the last 6 weeks weather in winter then i wouldnt need to go abroad?
latest report
Check out www.la-plagne.co. We got a three-room apartment in Plagne Villages last March for €650 between five of us and it was great location-wise and pretty decent inside too. We could ski to our door and it was close to the shops too.

La Plagne is great for reds and more difficult blues, especially those going down to Champagny on the other side of Grand Rochette which are nice and testing.
snow conditions
From experience, Tignes is almost exactly 2 hours from Chambery airport, so you should be able to do 3 Valleys, Paradski, Espace Killy, St Foy, La Rosiere (where-ever THAT is!?!) within your 2 hours.
snow report
We have used Flybe Southampton - Chambery in the past, but that route seems to have disappeared, or am I just missing something. Who else flies there? It's a good airport to use mid-week, which is the only time I've ever been near the place!
snow conditions
Another thought - that's a peak half term week (?Paris) and resorts will be extremely busy, so probably best book accommodation quite soon. Our resort (Les Saisies, linked into the Espace Diamant with some good and generally uncrowded skiing, especially in Notre Dame de Bellecombe) is worth considering if you don't need too many very challenging slopes. We have blacks, but not many. Very scenic, Mont Blanc etc. Good snow record. Less than 1.5 h from Chambery on a normal day, but on those Saturdays the roads to resorts, especially the big ones, will be crammed. You should probably aim to double normal driving times, maybe triple, if weather conditions are bad. Prices for accomm will be high, but less if booked direct rather than through a UK operator. There are plenty of apartments within walking distance of the slopes in this area, but if you did want to consider it I could give you more specific advice on locations.
ski holidays
pam w,

Southampton-Chambery..??
Let me know if you see that one again. I liked it last year but like you say, it is not showing atm..
snow report
shockingmoment, Around 1.5 - 2 hours by car from Chambery to here. Aztec has a nice apartment of the size you're looking for, photos on my website. It's right by the lifts, about 30 secs walk to the nursery slopes and about 1 min to the Jandri Express. Very Happy Other snowhead apartments I know about are a bit smaller.
snow report
JT,

Southampton-chambery up on Flybe website today at 'sale' prices (according to the email they sent me)
snow conditions
gamekeeper, yes, I spoke too soon - the fact that the route didn't appear on their website at all was rather odd.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy