Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Feb Half term where to go?

Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for a place to ski at feb half term for myself and my girlfriend . We are average Holiday skiers can get down most runs and like challenge. We have skied the PdS 5 times and 2Alps and Val Thorens.

The wish list
Snow (and lots of it)
Good accommodation close to slopes (preferably a chalet)
Good skiing
Good instruction (looking for private lessons once or twice)
Shortish transfer time

If any one has any ideas of a resort then could you let me know please
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Serre Chevalier, flying into Turin.

Accommodation isn't always of the highest standards though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i can put you in touch with a luxury catered chalet which isn't mine, before i get told off for spamming. it would reach your requirements. If you want to know more drop a pm to snowangel. (thats me!!!) dont forget the stop at the end!!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowangel. wrote:
i can put you in touch with a luxury catered chalet which isn't mine, before i get told off for spamming. it would reach your requirements. If you want to know more drop a pm to snowangel. (thats me!!!) dont forget the stop at the end!!!

i forgot to mention, that is in serre chevalier!
snow report
 brian
brian
jtobin03, how about staying with parlor in Verbier ? Exchange rate is good for Switzerland at the moment.

http://www.skiextra.co.uk

About an hour and a half from Geneva.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jtobin03,
I think Serre Che is great but like most French places it can get pretty crowded at half term. You could do worse than Obertauern which fits most of your criteria except chalets.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jtobin03, We got fed up with the French half term experience, not so much the number of people skiing but the addional time to get to the resorts - even on a Sunday.

We switched to Italy last year and went to Arabba in the Dolomites - went with Inghams and flew into Bolzano which was a shortish 2 hour transfer with no jams. The skiing was brilliant and there were not massive crowds if you avoided pinch points at peak times. Plenty of on mountain places to eat and not that expensive.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I agree, despite having a place in France (which I always escape from for the entire French school holidays) that it's best to avoid France at half term. Maybe best to avoid anywhere that figures on the average British tour operator's list, too.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dare I mention La Rosiere/La Thuile? You will find plenty of opinion on both on this web site. It is very quiet at half-term yet when conditions are good (i.e. the wind does not blow) there is some of the best skiing I've had. Three-hour transfer from Geneva though Sad Worth a look if uncrowdedness is your top priority.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This must be a record. Eight replies before anyone mentioned La Rosiere wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you end up in the Three Valleys again, there is a good chance of a snowHead gathering!

snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Verbier does have everything you were looking for, however is extremely crowded at UK half term and I would agree with this sentiment entirely
Quote:

Maybe best to avoid anywhere that figures on the average British tour operator's list, too.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for all the help, not fussed about crowds as every where is busy at this time, hence why I want top quality, ie close to slopes and good accommodation and short transfer
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jtobin03, seriously give me a pm, my mates chalet is just awesome, pool table and everything. She does the catering and i hve sampled it many a time as she lives with me in the winter and its top dollar! The chalet is litterally 2 m ins walk from the piste.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Personally, I would do the Dolomites, they are quietish all the time. Or St Anton, tho prob not so quiet at half term. Transfer to St A is about 40mins from Innsbruck. Good instruction too.
ski holidays
jtobin03, I ski'd La Thuile at half term last year and it was great. My wife is a teacher, so we need to go at half term. We were concerned with long queues, but it wasn't a problem at La Thuile - the longest we had to queue was 5 mins, but most of the time you dont have to queue at all. We stayed at Planibel (self catering) which is right at the foot of the main gondola - couldn't really fault it. The accomodation is the best self catering I've stayed at in the alps. Skiing is good, and the transfer not too bad (we flew into Geneva). Also, being in Italy the food is much more resonably priced than in France. Even the supermarket doesn't rip you off.

The only problem with La Thuile is that the lifts are prone to closure when the wind blows (especially the link to La Rosiere).

Am interested to see where you end up, as we are facing the same decision as yourself!
ski holidays
jtobin03, there is some lovely accommodation in Serre Chevalier.
ski holidays
snowangel.,

Sorry Its taken a while to reply, just been very busy and had the internet down, It would be great if you could send me the details
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy