Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Johann in Tirol in the summer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just booked a bargain week (I hope) in St Johann for last week in July. A week of relaxation, a bit of sight seeing and leisurely walking, swimming etc. Family of 4 half board during school hols for less than £650 (inc. flights & transfer) is a bit of a steal.

So what's the catch? Anyone done this before ? Did a similar holiday to Niederau a couple of years ago and that was excellent.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Didn't see much the place myself a couple years back in Winter time. Went there for half a day because I was skiing the Ski Welt area. That is just about the size I could think of it. Seems to be a busy place if you ignore Kitzbuhel and the fully linked Ski Welt area. It is quite close to Innsbruck for a day trip.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
masmith, yep, a bargain. You don't say what grade of hotel but, whatever, it'll feel like quality vfm. I've just paid similar purely for sched flights and car hire for 4 of us in August to Zell am See... hotel h/b is another grand or so. St Johann is a bit of a lorry park at one end but the usual Austrian picturesque centre. Easy to get to Kitzbuhel, loads of bike paths, lakes nearby, trains to Innsbruck or Salzburg etc. Just hope the weather works out... can be hit and miss. Often rains at some point during the day, then the sun comes out. Ignore the weather foecasts... they concentrate on the rainy bit.

I thoroughly recommend a day trip to The Eagle's Nest in Berchdesgarten, a day in Salzburg and a visit to Leslie Woit who is cow herding in Maria Alm (see thread Silly Moo in The Piste).

Enjoy.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the tips saikee and Bode Swiller.

The 'hotel' is a simple 2* Austrian pension, with evening meals served at nearby hotel, although not sure where within the town we'll be, just have to wait and see. For the price we couldn't resist (was not supposed to be having a summer holiday this year (too many other expenses, inc. too many ski trips this year!) but what the hell.

In case anyone else is interested in a similar deal, check out www.bargainholidays.com, select holiday type=lakes &mountains and away you go .. some really good deals.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
masmith wrote:
The 'hotel' is a simple 2* Austrian pension

I'm sure there must be some bad ones.....but I haven't found one yet.....so I'm sure it'll be great snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My friends live there, though I've only been in the winter the village is great, lots of great restaurants (there's one on top of a brewery which is especially nice).

You're also in a great location to get to other surrounding villages.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
5stitches, thanks. Hire a car to get around the surrounding villages or use public transport ? Just contemplating that one right now ... ???
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i'd hire a car probably - though we went everywhere in my friends van. it depends where you want to go, but it would make life easier
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy