Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys.I am planning on going to Southern France in December but I have no idea what I am looking for or what to expect.Can anyone help?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can expect sun, mild weather, blizzards and high winds. And mountains, limestone landscapes, rolling farmland and Mediterrnean beaches.

Or you could be a bit more specific - 'Southern France' is a big place.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
scotty3366, Montgenevre and Serre Che can be good (and usually are) in December. Better snow than South Africa at that time of year. wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
scotty3366, Les Deux Alpes is high, has a glacier (so guaranteed skiing). Also about 4 hours from either Marseille or Nice by car. The resort will open at the beginning of December, and although not all the runs may be open, there's usually a goodly number. checkout the thread for last winter on "Snow Reports" - if you start at the beginning you'll get the idea of what December might be like. ADH is also high as is Isola 2000, although I'm not sure about opening dates. Risoul seems to have a reasonable snow record IIRC, but you'd need to check that. I'm not sure about the Pyrennees in December - maybe In Garbure we Trust will come along and help you out there (you just said South - not whether you were headed East or West). Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lizzard,
Quote:

Mediterrnean beaches

Undoubtedly what scotty3366 was hoping to check out on the snowHeads site! NehNeh NehNeh

scotty3366, welcome, there's not that much acid thrown about here, honestly! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
scotty3366, December is not ideal. Before Christmas there is not much open, and at Christmas, and more particularly New Year, the resorts are quite busy. There is also a significant risk of poor snow cover. Les Deux Alpes would give you guaranteed snow, because it is so high. Does it have to be December? And does it have to be the South of France (as opposed to the main Alpine ski region, further North).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
scotty3366 wrote:
Hi guys.I am planning on going to Southern France in December but I have no idea what to expect.

French people!! Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We went to La Plagne the first week of January this year and it snowed two days before we got there (although there was a decent level of snow anyway) so it was perfect.

There are loads of places to stay (Belle Plagne of Plagne Villlages are good because they're high - 2050m) and there are more runs than you can shake a stick at. Is it your first time boarding? If so, you'll like LP because there are loads of good blue runs that are gentle but challenging to the beginner. I'd never done it before when I went and day two saw my first blue run and day three, i was legging it down a red (albeit very unstylishly!!Smile).

Have a session with an instructor though, as they just help you gain some confidence. We paid 45 euros for 90 minutes and it was ace. He taught three of us and the two girls I was with, who admittedly didn't like the look of chairlifts, were going solo onto lifts by the end of the lesson!

The nightlife is so-so but the boarding was top notch. Get up to grand Rochette as soon as you can, because there are some awesome runs from up there and it's not so hairy as going up to the top of the glacier.

Enjoed it even more when in went again in March. Very Happy Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy