Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Coches - what are the lifts/runs/area like for novices?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks for the advice on a resort for Feb half term - the group I am with have an option on renting a s/catering chalet in Les Coches. On looking at the piste map (http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Geo_Plan.htm) with my novice eye, it looks as if it's really small and that there are only 3 lifts out of Les Coches, one of which goes to red runs only. Are there restaurants/supermarkets/ski school? There also seem to be no green runs in sight and no bus and just one very long combination of blues (Plan Bois, Vanoise, L'Argente) leading back into the village that doesn't branch off a red. Is that about right? If there's no bus, am I going to be in some difficulty getting back to the resort if that particular blue run's still out of my league and thus essentially trapped with not much I can do? In my (very) limited experience it seems that every so-called blue has a nasty surprise 'reddish' bit on it somewhere that gets me!

Please someone reassure me this isn't going to be a big mistake!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 8-06-07 23:25; edited 5 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
NewSkier, I haven't been for a while but I don't remember the slopes being difficult, and I was only a third week skier then.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Having considered the concerns above, we are now looking at the possiblity of Vallandry instead as more suited to novice/intermediate needs & comfort as well as offering plenty for the experts in our party. Comments anyone?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
NewSkier wrote:
Having considered the concerns above, we are now looking at the possiblity of Vallandry instead as more suited to novice/intermediate needs & comfort as well as offering plenty for the experts in our party. Comments anyone?

Given the choice of Vallandry or Les Coches. Vallandry any day. The run back to Les Coches is an ice trap. Highly entertaining? but lethal if no fresh snow. Either way you have got easy access to the Vanoise Express but slopes in Les Arcs side much better for novices and its just much nicer anyway. For the intermediates they will love the whole area.

If memory serves me right there is supposed to be a very, very good ski school in Valandry. I am sure someon will post a link for you.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NewSkier, Stayed in Vallandry for last few years - lovely resort in my view and plenty of runs back to resort from the Blue (la Foret) which is very gentle to some entertaining reds for when you progress! The blues have all been managed by my twin 6 year olds. They are also well served by snow cannons. Resort links to Les Arcs and did keep our party of 7 entertained - age ranges from 4 to 71 and ability novice to very good (even though I say so myself Little Angel )

New Generation is the Ski School which I think gwaelod, refers to - have used them and would thoroughly recommend them. John from New Gen is a SH who pops in from time to time. A google search on New Generation will find them.

Would also recommend Darentasia as ski school who have also used.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy