Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Volkl Aura for girls

Poster: A snowHead
In my search for one pair of magic skis that are wonderful both on and off piste, I've come across these new ones from Volkl. Do any snowHeads have any knowledge of them? They seem to have some good reviews (and I like the graphics Blush )
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Here's some thoughts on them (although I haven't skiied them myself)

http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=52511
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=56454
http://www.theskidiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1220
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RachelQ, Go have a look on Epic, I started a thread about ladies all mountain ski's and have some feedback has been posted on these http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=56454 or there are a load of info on Lady specific ski's on this site http://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I know a few people who ski on the Auras and think highly of them. AFAIK they are a female equivalent of the Mantra, they are quite wide and mainly orientated to off piste. A friend of my skis on them really well, and she doesn't take prisoners when it comes to speed yet they seem very stable. If you are looking for the one size fits all then if you can get hold of a pair of last years Karmas they may be a better bet. My wife skis on them and has been very happy with them on-piste and off. Not sure how the replacement for the Karma which is called the Bridge, shapes up. The graphic on that link is the same as last years I think, not sure if there is a new one this year
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DO it. They are the female volkl matras and you can't really go wrong. They are all mountain skis in the sense that you want to ski powder whenever you can but hit the rest of the mountain too. If you still ski primarily on piste, I would go for one of the attiva models.

Everyone i know who has them - thinks they absolutely rock.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't want to steal the thunder of the Aura because it is definitely on my short list of skis for my quiver.
But I wrote a review on the Elan Wave spice here on Snowheads and I can't say enough about it.
Its definitely a burly ski with an 80mm waist, but it gets through the spring crud and performs well on the groomers.
The only thing I haven't had a chance to ski with them is powder. I think they will be too heavy and stiff for powder.
I really didn't like them in the bumps either, though they are doable.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh, and for those of you who may not know, I'm Trekchick on EpicSki, just as a point of reference if you search over there.
Fox! Be nice!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks peeps, very useful. I've owned Volkls before and loved them, and then tested the lady's 5 star and didn't like them at all (although only at MK). I've had my Burning Luvs for two seasons now in 160cm.
It seems that fatter skis need to be longer - do the Aura's ski longer?
SnowHot, I've just seen your post (I wondered if you were Trekchick). I saw your review on the Elan Wave Spice and it sounds a great ski, but I really want a ski that floats in powder too!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

It seems that fatter skis need to be longer - do the Aura's ski longer?

I don't see why that should be the case. A lot of the guys who feel that way also weights in over 200 lbs. Not sure a 120 lb girl needs that much "float".

I could see it's a perfect compliment to your Burning Luv. But if you're not planning to bring both on the plane, the Auras might be a bit on the too wide side for "all mountain" use.

Have you tried the Lotta Luv?

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 7-06-07 21:17; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Wave spice is not designed as a powder ski.
The Aura was recommended for me in a 163, which is short, because I usually ski something in the 170 ish range.

I would say that the width would give you the float and the length would be good in a 163. I wouldn't want to go shorter than that
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
abc, I liked the Lotta Luvs whan I treid them at Castleford. They were on my list of 'must try agains' but I only managed to try the K2 MIssDemeanours, which is what I bought in the end.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helen Beaumont, just curious, how do you think the two (Lotta Luv & MissD) compare? Like and dislike?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen Beaumont, I haven't been on the Auras yet, but everyone who's reviewed both the lottas and the Auras, have picked the Aura's hands down.

I can't wait to get on a pair!
The Lotta luvs, however were the ski of choice for the past three years! You can't really go wrong with those, in that regard.
Jeez this is confusing! Shocked
Can I just get them all and get back with you?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Does anyone know why they give all these ladies skis such contrived female appealing names - all the blokes skis have sensible names, yet we get fed a diet of something Luvs and Aura's rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Megamum, Olympias, Exclusives, Thangs, Pearls, Spices, Passions, Emocions, Queens, Divas, Mamas, Jils, Bettys, Trixies, Minxs, (She's) Troubles, Missdemeanors, (She's)Pistes, Visions, Attraxions,

as opposed to sensible like

Sickbird, Jak, Thug, Blackeye, Tigershark 12 Foot Power Switch, Bluemoon, Highnoon, Slim Daddy and, ahem, Scratch Brigade Pro Shocked or such gems as iXRC1200SW, IQon 8400 Magnum?
snow report
comprex wrote:
Megamum, Olympias, Exclusives, Thangs, Pearls, Spices, Passions, Emocions, Queens, Divas, Mamas, Jils, Bettys, Trixies, Minxs, (She's) Troubles, Missdemeanors, (She's)Pistes, Visions, Attraxions,

as opposed to sensible like

Sickbird, Jak, Thug, Blackeye, Tigershark 12 Foot Power Switch, Bluemoon, Highnoon, Slim Daddy and, ahem, Scratch Brigade Pro Shocked or such gems as iXRC1200SW, IQon 8400 Magnum?

Don't forget my favorite Women specific ski..............The movement Climax
latest report
Even more 'sensible', Siam.

With flowers, no less! rolling eyes
snow report
abc wrote:
Even more 'sensible', Siam.

With flowers, no less! rolling eyes

Have you seen the aura, or the Queen Attiva?
Neither of these have flowers, nor do the Nordica Olympia skis!
Times are changing!!!

Nodica Olympia Conqueror

Volkl Aura
snow report
But the Siam does.

I'm so glad I didn't like it.
snow conditions
abc wrote:
Helen Beaumont, just curious, how do you think the two (Lotta Luv & MissD) compare? Like and dislike?

Hard to say really, as I only tried the Lotta Luv's on the indoor snow. My review is on here somewhere.
snow report
It's a pity the skis don't offer an option on the top coat (new marketing pitch for someone?) - personally I'd prefer a 'technical' style finish rather than flowers/pink etc. I like graphics on the blue Nordic above
snow conditions
Megamum, That would be a fun ski for you also, but the Victory which is a step down from the conqueror in size would be a GREAT ski for you.
Even though its a high performance ski, its forgiving enough to take an intermediate skier into an advance ski experience.
I haven't looked up the ebay listings in your part of the world but there are some deals on them here in the US. Here's a set that were demos for CHEAP!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-Nordica-Victory-Skis-Marker-Ti-Bindings-170cm_W0QQitemZ260121679578QQihZ016QQcategoryZ58363QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

snow conditions
SnowHot, Very Happy

Thank you for thinking about it from that perspective - another one to look out for!
snow conditions
Megamum, before you know it you'll be on Epic posting in the Chicks with Quivers thread!!! Shocked

I'm not knowledgeable about every brand ski, but I am a bit of a gear junkie and have an addiction to trying any ski and every ski that is available to me.

The past season I made it a point to demo Women specific skis primarily to be more informed when things like this come up.
One thing you want to look for is a wood core.
Too much steel will make the ski stiff, and foam core skis are great in the beginning but the foam breaks down and the ski loses its properties easily.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy