Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving to Andorra next Jan!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am driving to Andorra next jan so if any one has any tips etc i would be grateful also me and my mate are driving and meeting the families there so where is the best place to stop for a night out on the Sat in France snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't be tempted to stock up on vast quantities of the (incredibly cheap) booze and fags in Andorra - the French customs are very keen in those parts rolling eyes Are you starting out from Lancashire? How far do you anticipate being able to go before stopping for a "night out" (the last thing I would have thought you would need on a trip like that Shocked ) Some more info would help.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
we are looking to set off friday night getting the early morning euro train then drive through Sat till sat evening night out in france, we don't have to be in Andorra till sunday afternoon.
cheers
snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
no -one then
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jase2472, Yoda is right onthe French Customs, so be careful
also depending on weather you may need snow chains and be aware that the French border gets closed with heavy snow fall
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I drove down that way in the summer 3 years ago taking an early ferry from Dover. I stopped in Macon overnight and I would have thought there or Lyon, if you want somewhere livelier, would be about right. Although I guess you could go more down the west side of France avoiding other ski traffic.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I drove down to Spain this year. We stopped over in Limoges for the night. Lots of hotels on the 1st exit. Then just a few hours to go.

When driving through Paris follow the signs for Bordeaux. . . . . . .then pick up the signs to Orleans. We were tempted away from this easy & clear cut strategy and found ourselves in deepest Paris with no local map (head in hands time) . Shocked

Otherwise an easy drive. 10 or 12 hours from the top to bottom.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Can't advise on a night out in France as it really depends which route you take (east or west). I have done the trip several times in the past and from Soldeu to Wallasey, including ferries it was usually between 14 and 16 hours (no speeding tickets, I was lucky!!) so as far as I was concerned it was only ever a one day trip.
I can echo rob and sharon, as the French are notorious for not clearing their roads on the approach to Andorra. It might mean bypassing Andorra and coming in from the Spanish side, not too much extra mileage, however try and avoid Andorra la Vella at rush hours ie. 13:00-14:00 and 1800-20:00 as traffic can add an hour to your journey. If you get a chance to access the internet it would be well worth going to http://www.mobilitat.ad/transit.asp and choosing "Sud de Franca" and "activar the Panells" you can then read the roadside info signs, you can also "activar cameres" and see the road conditions. As for chains, if it is bad just like most places you will not be allowed up the hill without them, so for what they cost at a service station I'd be inclined to buy them, your choice. Have fun.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
we plan to drive down the centre of France and try our luck over the suspension bridge(can't think of name) near Lyon snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy