Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

VIST skis

Poster: A snowHead
As most of you know I'm the VIST hardware disti in the UK. I've just received the images of the VIST race, all mountain and big mountain skis.

As a bit of marketing (and kinda a shameless plug) I'm interested to hear whos skied or heard of VIST skis?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Didn't know they made skis. They're not really short are they Wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmmmm. I knew about VIST bindings, plates etc. but didn't know that they made skis.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kiwi1,
Word is that they're excellent but pricey. See these:

http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=39098

http://www.nevasport.com/reportajes/articulos_detalle.php?id_articulos=410
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jmdohanlon wrote:
Hmmmm. I knew about VIST bindings, plates etc. but didn't know that they made skis.

Same for me Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kiwi1, Seen a few pairs in Tignes in the autumn. Don't know anyone apart from Kwame that uses them though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ditto boredsurfin above

Sounds a very broad range for a launch company - given that they already badge bindings for what are now becoming competitors e.g. Movement I'd be confused about what their offerring is in an already overcrowded marketplace.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob,
Quote:

Ditto boredsurfin above

I'm sure a free pair of ski's each would resolve our lack of knowledge. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do they actually make the skis? I thought that they re-badged other manufacturers skis and focused on plates and bindings? I like their clothing range - can you get discounts on that?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob, VIST isn't a launch company.

I'm sure kiwi1 knows much more than me but I suspect that the VIST brand sales have always been much smaller than those of their rebadged products.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
VIST is a bigger company than people give them credit for. These are their partners or other brands that they manufacture for:

http://www.vist.jp/shop/en/partner.html

spyderjon, got it correct. They manufacture there own range of very high quality (and not cheap) race skis (FIS and nonFIS) although next season there is also an all mountain range. Retailers offer them as a full package so if someone bought them from say spyderjon, you'd buy the ski, plate and binding as one.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kiwi1, they make very innovative plate/binding systems.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mosha Marc, Yup. the speedlock system is fantastic as is the free binding system where you but the skeleton binding and choose the color covers you want.

All the skis come with the speedlock set up and bindings.

There are even longer skis for parlor. (one day I'll get a photo of you on a short ski Madeye-Smiley )
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The VIST Speedlock system
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
To qualify my initial statement - it is a launch ski brand at least from the perspective of the Uk punter who walks into a ski shop. I have never seen a VIST branded ski on the rack in a shop in UK, Europe or N America although to be honest I don't hang around the FIS racestock end of the rack.

I have been vaguely interested in VIST bindings as I think longer term they would save me shelling out on a binding for each set of skis I have but the weight penalty plus the fact that I never take more than 1 pair of alpine skis away with me on each trip is a bit of an obstacle (Now where is the plate that allows you to fit a downhill/At/tele binding to the same ski as the mood takes you? wink )

I am sure a free demo set of skis on say a year's loan would cure my ignorance however wink
ski holidays
spyderjon wrote:
The VIST Speedlock system

With hindsight, I wish I had had them on my Missions. I think my bindings are too far forward for powder. At Wengen, down sllp slopes, my weight was rather on my heels. On gentle slopes, my calves were on the backs of my boots. Might have another play with balance on your rig, when I'm your way next.
ski holidays
The 08 GS (FIS) ski

The 08 Big mtn ski
snow conditions
Ooooooooooooooooooooow. Carbon fibre look 'n big mountain.

Deep breaths, deep breaths, don't buy, hide credit card. MUST RESIST.
snow conditions
kiwi1, and the special price (only just covering cost, to registered snowHeads in exchange for spreading the word) is........
latest report
I shall discuss with spyderjon. wink There will be a snowheads deal on VIST skis.
snow conditions
kiwi1 wrote:
I shall discuss with spyderjon. wink There will be a snowheads deal on VIST skis.

Don't make them too tempting. I don't think I could wear VIST clothing and VIST skis/bindings. I'd look like an advert!
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
kiwi1 wrote:

Don't make them too tempting. I don't think I could wear VIST clothing and VIST skis/bindings. I'd look like an advert!

You already do .... for the Les Arcs ski club. NehNeh
latest report
Kramer, Laughing Laughing
snow report
Kramer wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
kiwi1 wrote:

You already do .... for the Les Arcs ski club. NehNeh

Ah yes, there are some things worth advertising!
latest report
Looks like a hella sidecut on the big mtn ski - thought the trend was making them straighter these days?
ski holidays
fatbob, I'm very much in the dark as to how they perform. The reviews have been good but I'm trying my best to get some samples across for the summer test.
ski holidays
fatbob wrote:
Looks like a hella sidecut on the big mtn ski - thought the trend was making them straighter these days?

I thought the oppposite was true? Puzzled
ski holidays
Kramer, only if your buying Scott skis wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fatbob wrote:
...(Now where is the plate that allows you to fit a downhill/At/tele binding to the same ski as the mood takes you? wink )

crossplate?

actually I don't think these ever took off
ski holidays
I'd agree with fatbob, you don't want them too turney off the track. I guess we need a review and some stats
snow conditions
The dims on the are 121-91-111. When you consider a movement pow pow is 125-92-113 and a line prophet 90 is 125-90-113 the side cut is not as intense as you'd think.

I'm in the process of trying to get test samples for snowheads to play on.
snow report
Against 130.94.113 for a 184 Mantra..what is the lenght of the 08 Big mtn ski...?

Sorry if I have missed it
ski holidays
Its 193. Just 1 length on the big mountain.
snow report
Heres almost the full range. There are a couple more models (race carvers and ltd edition) and some of the colors vary with different lengths but now every snowhead can say they've seen VIST skis.
FIS compliant GS ski.

FIS compliant SL ski.

SL race

All mountain 1

All mountain ski 2

All mountain ski ladies

Big Mountain

All Mountain Ltd edition
latest report
Waaaaaah C64 skis.. Wink
ski holidays
Although the graphics on the top sheet of skis isn't a big deal for me I rather like the designs on these. Like some of their clothing range, its a little bit different from a lot of other stuff on the market. Is that gold leaf on the All Mountain Ltd Edition skis? Wonder how many people will go for the limited edition skis coupled with the matching limited edition clothing made with real gold thread in the embroidery?
latest report
They're over £1000 but come with a free bag Laughing
snow report
kiwi1 wrote:
They're over £1000 but come with a free bag Laughing

Bargain! Do they also come with the limited edition wine and soap from the same range? Wink
snow conditions
If you pay me over £1000 for a pair of skis Rob they'll come with anything you want.
ski holidays
kiwi1 wrote:
If you pay me over £1000 for a pair of skis Rob they'll come with anything you want.

Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy