Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sale shopping for new skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This internet is an expensive business. I happened to be browsing the Filarinski website a couple of weeks ago and noticed they were selling some of last season's skis at half price. I tried to resist, but failed, miserably. So the courier has just delivered a new pair of Elan Magfire 12s which were being sold at half price. I'll use them instead of my slalom skis which are a bit too much like hard work in the bumps and off-piste. By complete coincidence the Magfires are almost the same colour as my green Les Arcs ski suit. Not sure it would be wise to wear both at the same time!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar, You should have popped down the A3 to the shop wink
Just imagine how many more bargains you could have found plus you could have taken your good Lady for a nice lunch at Gun Wharf Quay's in Portsmouth and then popped into Slush and Rubbble on the way home. What a dream day out Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They have some very good deals. I am tempted by the Volkl Supersport 5. I hired some for a day last season, 165 I think they were, longer than I would normally ski, and found them very good, though I'm not much of a connoisseur when it comes to different skis. My husband said I skied a lot faster on them, though I was not really aware of that myself, maybe because they felt like a very solid platform. I have Volkl 727 ES (? can't remember, and they're in France) in 156 which I think I'm finding a bit light and insubstantial. How's that for a technical description. The S5 say they're for men, but I think I'll ignore that. I live very near Filarinski, and often wander in there; I might be tempted just to pop in tomorrow.... Or the Elan Magfires, maybe.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
This internet is an expensive business.

Tell me about it! I only need one pair of ski. But the shop ran out of my length so I "had to" go on the internet to look for other sources. Now I'm the proud owner of 3 pairs of skis!!!

Last week, I was online looking for a cheap shifter for my commuter bike. This week, I have in the post enroute to me a 9-speed upgrade kit, disc brake (for another bike), new helmet, new lock... and what not that I forgot now but will find out when the box arrives! Embarassed

Quote:
rob@rar, You should have popped down the A3 to the shop

That would require time away from the desk/keyboard!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy