Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal's money back guarantee for lack of snow

Poster: A snowHead
As posted on the SCGB forum - worthy of wider dissemination Very Happy

http://www.crystalholidays.co.uk/emails/ski/skimay_landing.html

Quote:
The '50% Money Back Guarantee (MBG)' is available on 7 night Crystal ski holidays departing in December '07 and January '08. MBG is applicable if 50% of the ski lifts and runs (local and area) are closed throughout your stay as a result of lack of snow.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would wager that all ski resorts have already committed to crystal that they would be able to run 51% of area/lifts at any time......

......... I am a tad cynical
latest report
 brian
brian
Interesting that they're doing it for December/January. I wonder if they've done a bit of market research and seen attitudes hardening against early season trips ? Our apartment has only one week free from the last week in January through to the first week in April next season but no bookings before that. Not even new year, which was the first week to get booked last season.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
brian, hmmm, do me a deal for January then ? NehNeh
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I guess they're gambling better to have bookings & risk losing half the money than have no bookings at all.
snow report
 brian
brian
cathy, yep. Although as Boris the cynic suggests, in these days of snow cannons it might not be such a big gamble. Anyway, I guess a lot of these hols will end up at 50% of the original price last minute anyway.

nbt, if you put your tongue away I could be open to offers wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would imagine Crystal has just taken out a mega insurance policy and added the extra cost to its early-season prices.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whitegold wrote:
I would imagine Crystal has just taken out a mega insurance policy and added the extra cost to its early-season prices.

With HB in the Crystal Club Hotel les Deux Alpes, flights and transfers for 89 quid at the start of December last year they can keep their 44.50 money back and I'll hire a mountain bike and still have a good time (BTW anyone who followed my suggestion to book this deal at the time would have had some excellent skiing to boot, it was one of the best powder weeks of the season).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Always worth reading the small print.....

Quote:
To receive the early booking discount and the MBG the code 'MBG1' must be entered or quoted at the time of booking - this must appear on the booking invoice otherwise any claim will be invalid.

I wonder how long they will be offering this money back guarantee?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cathy, not sure I would trust Crystal for anything. After losing a day of our Christmas holiday due to flight cancellations and then being sent to the wrong airport we wrote to Crystal asking why they had no representative available at Gatwick airport to help sort out the chaos, even though they knew (well BAA did!) first thing in the morning that the flight was not going that day.

All I can say is that the letter we had back in response, was to be polite poor, in that the general message was tough luck, not our problem. Given they were happy to take our money and our contract was with them, it shows that they don't give a monkeys about customer service.

Buyer beware as they say Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boris, I think you'd be right. A friend of mine died many years ago trying to ensure that his resort wasn't 100% closed. "They" will go to considerable lengths. No names. no pack drill.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Enjoy your guaranteed access on the multiple magic carpets and bunny drags that contribute to the total number of lifts open wink

Presumably they have insured against this and the claims process will be suitably labyrinthine to discourage actual claims e.g "present a dated photo of each area lift that you allege to be closed" wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
They say local and area lifts. I am sure there are plenty of large areas - e.g. PDS where once the high lifts are added up the 50% will be met even though the lifts close to the accomodation will not be open
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
and it says "throughout your stay" so I assume there has to be at least 50% of the lifts closed on every single day - one day with 51% open and the MBG won't apply even if none open of the rest of the days. I think they're on a pretty safe bet.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If you book your holiday based on a MBG then you've booked the wrong place.
snow report
Let's all be realistic here. They aren't going to make an offer like this if they think it's likely to cost them any significant amount of money. Therefore the guarantee isn't likely to be worth much to the punter.
latest report
petemillis wrote:
and it says "throughout your stay" so I assume there has to be at least 50% of the lifts closed on every single day - one day with 51% open and the MBG won't apply even if none open of the rest of the days. I think they're on a pretty safe bet.

Yup - I reckon you're right there! Even though the week I was in Kitzbuhel this year was absolutely dire, with about 8 runs open at the beginning of the week, on the last day more than half would have been open so they would have got out of it even with such bad conditions.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Crystal are the best company in the UK at PR and self-promotion.

This is their way of getting column inches without spending any money.
latest report
cathy wrote:
petemillis wrote:

Yup - I reckon you're right there! Even though the week I was in Kitzbuhel this year was absolutely dire, with about 8 runs open at the beginning of the week, on the last day more than half would have been open so they would have got out of it even with such bad conditions.

Yep, Crystal probably looked at all the resort data going back several years and realised the conditions under which a refund is valid are extremely unlikely to occur over the usual 7 night holiday.
latest report
Mike Pow wrote:
If you book your holiday based on a MBG then you've booked the wrong place.

So should we all be pencilling in Japan for next Xmas?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy