Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer Ski Testing

Poster: A snowHead
I know it's still May but I have to start doing the rota for July/August next week rolling eyes

Do we have any dates for testing at Castleford or Milton Keynes yet?
Admin (pretty, please, nicely Little Angel ) any chance of asking the manufacturers/suppliers who may be taking part for some shorter <160cms ladies ski's for us shorter females to try rolling eyes
Some ladies all mountain ski's would really be good to try as well Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Linds, I think you might like the Elan's I tried out last year. The graphics are rubbish on this years model though (flowers!!! rolling eyes )
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Linds, Helen Beaumont, Icelantic skis are supposed to be absolutely amazing - they are also short in length - 151cms - utterly beautiful too, I think anyway - not that that matters of course (yeah right!!) Linds, they also do an all mountain ski - think the length is 156cms.

http://www.icelanticboards.com/the-icelantic-pilgrim.htm

Think they retail at about £329 - but you have to put your name down for them!

JunkiGear LLP
ph: 01274 484050
www.junkigear.com

(UK dist.)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rpft, Junkigear is a member of snowHeads (as Kiwi1)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, didn't know that! so which country are you in today? or isn't there enough snow for you there wink Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks rpft, Yup, next season the pilgrim (park/piste with a 90mm waist) comes in 151 and 169. The nomad (big/all mountain and also great on piste with a 105mm waist) comes in 156 and 168.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kiwi1, they sound like great skis - do you think they might be suitable for 'us shorter females' as per linds & helen above?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes the 151 pilgrim and the 156 nomad.

They are designed to be skied short. I ski the 168 nomad myself and I'm a lardy 17stone and 6 foot tall. I'll be at the summer testing so you can test them if you want.

If you want to see the 08 models you can see them on our site.

http://www.junkigear.com/junkitrade/pdf/icelantic.pdf
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rpft wrote:
rob@rar, didn't know that! so which country are you in today? or isn't there enough snow for you there wink Very Happy

In wet London, but dreaming of being somewhere a bit closer to the new snow that has fallen in the Alps...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar, I'm closer. It's warm and dry here - but the news was talking about the snow problems in Switzerland (particularly around Interlakken)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OK, for us new on the scene - how do these ski testing events work - do you literally get a shop to give you a selection of new model skis for folks to test?
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Megamum, distributors rather than shops but yes, that's the essence of it.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Look, I have GS skis, SL skis, Powder skis, long skis, short skis, blue skis, red skis and even lovely lime green skis to match my trousers. Why would I want summer skis?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Murdoch, Have you ever considered you might just be a little spoiled for choice? wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Megamum wrote:
David Murdoch, Have you ever considered you might just be a little spoiled for choice? wink

Can't see that. He would be spoiled if he had 2xGS, 2xSL, 2xpowder, etc Wink
latest report
rpft wrote:
kiwi1, they sound like great skis - do you think they might be suitable for 'us shorter females' as per linds & helen above?

rpft, Deb skied at Castleford this week on a Warren Smith course & was on 'my' 169cm Pilgrim's for the first time.

She wanted to take her BL's but I sneakily just packed the Pilgrim's on the basis that the instruction would take her mind off the new skis & especially the added width underfoot which she was a bit worried about etc. Well it worked a treat & I've never seen her ski so well. Her beloved Burnin' Luv's that were the "bestest skis ever & will never be sold" will now be up for sale at the start of the season & the Pilgrim's are now 'her' new skis.

The Pilgrim's will be a great true all mountain ski for girlie's etc as it's 90mm underfoot, softish flex, reasonable sidecut but still torsionally stiff for good edge hold is just ideal, with the 169 being spot on for Deb's 168cm/62kg frame. Incidentally the 169 Pilgrim has the exact same 153cm running surface length as her pair of 160cm K2 Burnin Luv's (which shows just how short twin tips actually ski) which was a good selling point to her as she initially thought they were too long. And the 151's will be ideal for shorties, although a length option between the two would be good.

BTW, the 'snake skin' paint job on the VIST bindings look great with the superb graphics on the Pilgrim but they also come in a host of colour options for easy co-ordination with the rest of your outfit wink
snow conditions
spyderjon, 'but I sneakily just packed' Shocked brave man Laughing I really hope Linds, &Helen Beaumont, read this post - they sound perfect. They are definitely next on my list. Do you like them too?
snow conditions
rpft wrote:
spyderjon, 'but I sneakily just packed' Shocked brave man Laughing I really hope Linds, &Helen Beaumont, read this post - they sound perfect. They are definitely next on my list. Do you like them too?

Yes I like them very much but they're too short for me as an off-piste ski. I happen to like short skis having skied 162 Metron's for a long while (my old B5's are still the best skis I've owned) & I know kiwi1 skis them & he's a tad bigger than me. I've also seen the vids of the pro skiers skiing the short Icelantic skis off-piste but there's a huge gulf between their ability & mine meaning I just can't stay centred easily enough on such a short ski in deep snow & so prefer more length for more fore/aft stability. I'm 175cm/95kg & ski my non twin tip 86mm underfoot Atomics in 176cm & which is the shortest I can go for decent float/stability but stll be manoevrable in tight spots etc.
ski holidays
rpft, they sound good, but I don't think I'll be buying any skis next winter, as I'v got my new MissDemeanors.
snow report
spyderjon, very interesting - I am really surprised at the difference in length you ski, though I find the whole ski length thing a bit mind boggling, I can't make up my mind why there is so much difference in ski length between people of the same weight/height/ability.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, glad you saw this. great choice with the missy's though. Very Happy The icelantics are interesting skis aren't they? I want some pilgrims - though have just bought karma's Very Happy
ski holidays
rpft,
Quote:

I really hope Linds, &Helen Beaumont, read this post - they sound perfect.

rpft,
I tried the Pilgrims in Val T in April and loved them but I only skied 2 runs on them so would like to try some others for a comparison.
snow report
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Linds, I think you might like the Elan's I tried out last year. The graphics are rubbish on this years model though (flowers!!! rolling eyes )

Flowers? Could be the ski that easiski is after, then. wink
snow report
achilles, perhaps. wink
ski holidays
rpft, Nowt wrong with Karma's whatsoever - in fact the Pilgrim skis very similar.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy