Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

pila

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
can anyone offer any information as to what it is like, whether to stay on slopes or in Aosta. How long does it take to get from Aosta to slopes. Recommended accomodation?My son is going to be staying in Aymaville with school trip. Anyone heard of it and how long it takes to get from there to aosta? many thanks all
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hairygerbil, Can't answer your Q properly I'm afraid, but we have friends who always used to stay in Aosta itself (the europe hotel) & visit different resorts. We used to stay there overnight & travel on to cervina. There is a gondola up from Aosta - our friends were pretty keen skiers & stayed in Aosta every year.

http://www.hotelsclick.com/indexe.php?country=Italy&city=Aosta&hotel=Europe&hotel_id=439&language=en&gclid=CLifh9KUuIwCFRGsGgodBxzG6Q link for the europe
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've never been up either, but there is a big cable car station in Aosta centre that takes you up to the resort - I think it takes only 15-20 minutes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Has anyone stayed in Pila? What are its facilities like, eateries, bars? Can anyone recoomend accomodation there?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hairygerbil, I went in 2006 and stayed at the Chalet des Alpes. It was ok, clean, comfortable food was good. Staff were friendly, one even tried to teach me to speak a few words of Italian. The boot room was really warm and cosy and as it is right beside the nursey slope you could ski to the door (if there is enough snow. we had loads)The apres ski I have to say was dire! The place was dead. Hardly any bars open and the ones that were tended to have me and my two friends and no-one else. The up side of this was that the slopes were empty especially if you got up to the higher slopes before the school kids arrived from Aosta. We had a great time but more thanks to the skiing than the nightlife.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers. Think we plan in staying in a hotel - think there are a handful.What time of year did you go and can you remember roughly number of pistes. One web site says something like 3 blues, numerous reds and 3 blacks. Is this true? Ta
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep that sounds about right. There are a couple of nice wide blues up in the area served by the main chair next to the Leisse lift and I think one down nearer resort. Mostly reds and while we had done all of them several times in the week that doesn't bother me especially as it was soo quiet. The blacks I thought were more kind of grey 'cos while they are steep they are quite wide so there is room to turn. My favourite run was second on the left from the Leisse chairlift. We went early in March and there was ample snow. I didn't go into many of the hotels but from the outside the Pila 2000 looks like something from stalinist russia - not an attractive building! The rest all looked fine. Have a brill time
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks, no mad skiiers to cut me up - will suit just fiine after being taken out in Flaine by the French
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
can you tell me whether there is anywhere to dump boots and ski's in Pila / on slopes or do you have to bring them down with u each day if we choose to stay in aosta.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy