Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"We're doomed" - No more snow... ever

Poster: A snowHead
Well it's nearly June and it's snowing down to 1100m in the Alps ( and even lower possibly, I just don't know) .... No need for the Global Warming/ Doom Merchants to quantify / justify as it looks like there just may be hope for alpine skiing in the years to come rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Its snowing on the tops of the cairngorms too! H11lly was out skiing at the weekend again Smile

http://www.cairngormmountain.com/cams/image2.jpg

http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/file.php?2,file=2313

I'm racing on roller skis this coming weekend - sprints at Huntly on Saturday 2nd June and a longer race at the Glenmore track on Sunday. Think I'll stick my tele skis in and take a walk up and get a few turns in after the races Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
it was colder on the granon this morning than it was for the whole of the winter
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
One swallow does not make a Summer.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whitegold, But it makes achange from those who spit! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Whitegold,

Been drinking perhaps?

PS - It's called snow ... and it is the summer... not what swallows are looking for Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Does this all mean the winter season is getting later? Will half term holiday ski ing mean May instead of Feb?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Listen to the Farmers, they had it right last year & many years before.

Snow this time of year is not unusual at all.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bizzare though there is more snow on the la ros cam than there was in feb and there wasn't a white patch to be seen last week.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just got an alert from Snowguess for up to 20cm in Selva.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I checked the weather forecast for Zell am Ziller (Zillertal, Austria) pretty much everyday last season, and i didn't EVER see as much precipitation as this...

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stanton,
you are totally right this happend last year, except the whole valley was white, yesterday only above 1700m (thank god there are some plants i cant bring in!) but we are due more tonight!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well I spent the last two days in a marina in the Isle of Wight in a tiny boat with a freezing cold Force 7 winds and torrential rain. And a good book, luckily. We sailed home in a forecast window today, beautiful wind, changed direction just when we wanted it to, perfect. But not warm. I had four layers on, despite sailing down a very moderate wind, and was just about OK. Checked email on return to find snow forecast email for Notre Dame de Bellecombe, 20cms. But as someone said above, it's not unusual. It's just that those tropical temperatures in April made everybody think summer had come. That was when the weather was wrong, not now.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, Be thankful ! You would have had force 10+ down here yesterday Shocked , Today you might just need 'power' ....
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Agenterre, it might have been more than a 7, actually, but I always hesitate to exaggerate! Force 7 is quite a lot in a 19' boat though. Even when it is tied up and especially when it leaks..... it's so unusual to have 24 hours of such very heavy rain. I must find out how much rain fell in that period, it felt like the heavens were opening.
latest report
OK, just looked it up, 50mm on the 27th. Not bad for the soft South.
snow report
And that was the record daily rainfall for the Isle of Wight. 50.8mm, to be exact.
snow report
pam w, but it was probably the "wrong type" of rain so stand by for hosepipe ban
snow conditions
pam w i agree it has been a bit cold, was sailing on the solent on sunday and had to pile on the fleeces!
ski holidays
Boris, it was undoubtedly the wrong kind of rain, especially when it was falling through the headlining onto my sleeping bag. When it falls so fast I think it runs off too quickly to do a lot of good, depending on the hydrology of the area concerned.
ski holidays
pam w, I empathise !! We only had 120 km/h gusts .... and that was nowhere near a record as you will know !!
snow report
Get the summer lifts going ... we'll take our skis up! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Kersh, 16th June for us! Very Happy
snow report
For those who spent any time in Verbier in late April looking at the slopes getting progressively browner, http://www.verbinet.com/webcam/verbier/12 Wonder if I could stretch to another heliski trip...?
latest report
Quote:

When it falls so fast I think it runs off too quickly to do a lot of good

I've never really understood this Puzzled Ok I accept that the rain needs to soak into the ground and if it falls to fast/much it doesn't, but surely it runs into rivers which can then be used to top up resovoirs etc?
snow report
And the 2007 season in Europe didn't look too bad after all

http://www.zapiks.com/remember-2007.html
snow conditions
Mike Pow wrote:
And the 2007 season in Europe didn't look too bad after all

http://www.zapiks.com/remember-2007.html

Nice footage but it does show up the poor standard of piste preparation in the Alps wink
snow conditions
good video, Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy