Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Finland over Christmas?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I had my 1st ski holiday this year (with the lads wink ) in Austria and absolutely loved it.
Now looking to book next year with the wife and boy rolling eyes !!
Jakes Mummy is not a skier (cant ski, wont ski), but Jake (6 yrs old) is currently loving his dry lessons.

We are thinking about the Lapland type of thing over Christmas, with a view to it offering something for all of us - skiing for me and Jake, reindeers, Father Christmas, huskies, northern lights - you get the idea.

But I'm concerned that it might be a bit on the dark side, very very cold, and also the ski tution seems a little short (compared to what I got in Austria) - typically only 1.5 hours per day; doesn't seem very long.

I know the Xmas week will cost me a premium, but I'm thinking it might be worth it ??
Any views anyone?

Cheers

JD
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jakes Daddy, Not actually been to Finland but went to Norway straight after Christmas a couple of years ago. Daylight hours is a problem, about 6 from what I remember, and Lapland will have less being further north. It wasn't too cold when we were there but I'm not sure how cold Lapland gets. All Scandinavian countries are expensive when you get there, especially alcohol.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jakes Daddy,
Never been but a friend has been a couple of times at that time of year (Actually just before xmas). It can get very cold and he needed to stop every hour or so to got to a hut to warm up. Last year he said was warmer. The daylight was less of a problem as a large part of the area was floodlight. He and his wife loved it but I guess it would not be for everyone.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Finnish are the nicest people in Western Europe. Clever and friendly. You should definitely go.

But Crimbo will be cold and dark. Wait until later in the season, when it warms up a bit. Go in Mar or Apr.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jakes Daddy, Went to Finland a couple of seasons ago in Feb. Yes it gets dark early and can be very, very cold but we all loved it - there is so much to do outwith skiing and the country is very beautiful, a winter wonderland. As well as visiting Santa you can go skidooing, sled rides, huskie rides, try cross country skiing etc. I found it no more expensive than other resorts - Finland uses the Euro.

Here are some pictures:

snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy