Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One killed in gondola accident in Ziller Valley, Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
Vienna - The crash of a maintenance gondola in the Zillertal valley in western Austria Thursday killed one workman and injured two others critically.

The accident happened during an accident recovery drill, Austria's ORF radio reported.

The maintenance gondola, occupied by three local workers, was moving uphill during a technical drill when it suddenly fell 40 metres into steep terrain 100 metres before reaching the first pylon.

A 29-year old workman was killed immediately, and his colleagues were were severely injured but were meanwhile out of immediate danger. They suffered heavy injuries to the head and legs.

The Penkenbahn cable car had been closed that morning, company manager Josef Geisler said. The cause of the accident was under investigation by the local authorities, but this was difficult owing to the almost inaccessible location of the site.

'We don't know what happened and why, and we have to wait for the experts' results,' Geisler said.

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/europe/news/article_1308827.php/One_killed_in_gondola_accident_in_Austria__Roundup_
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How awful Sad

pictures of the tragedy:
http://gallery.tirol.com/displayimage.php?album=225&pos=0
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's awful. It is a high gondola and a steep valley. I never really felt comfortable on it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks familiar - Is that the one from Mayrhofen?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dobz wrote:
Looks familiar - Is that the one from Mayrhofen?

Yes. This is the one going up to the Penken peak.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Always remembered the cars on that one seeming much larger....is it the one from the strass hotel with the mid station?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ollski, this is one picture from the link Markus inserted:

The accident took place 300 meters after the start and 100 meters before the first pylon.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ollski, Yes, that looks like the Strass to the left of the picture, - tragic Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do they know yet how it happened?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anniepen wrote:
ollski, Yes, that looks like the Strass to the left of the picture, - tragic Sad

It certainly does look familiar especially with the stream at the bottom, but the last time I went on that one the cars were grey and there were only two on each section of the lift that crossed in the middle. I am wondering if that one is the newer penken lift they built running from the bottom of the valley (when I say new probably 15 years!) as I seem to recall the cars on that being yellow. A tragedy whatever.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy