Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski tuning

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just a quick post to tell those snowHead s who haven't partaken of the Spyderjon ski tuning experience that they should definitely give it a go. Very informative and enjoyable morning, skis looking better than ever and looking forward to playing about with them next season now that I have a clear idea of what I'm doing. And a fine bacon sandwich to boot!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seconded Very Happy

I spent a very enjoyable morning with Jon a couple of weeks back. I learnt loads about the 'how to' side of things, nicely supplemented by tea and biccies (the carrot cookies were very nice!). All done in a light and humerous way.

When friends took a look at my skis after this they were impressed with how much smoother the bases were and the edges noticably sharper than after a shop tune. I now have orders to tune their skis too, so will be able to recoup some of the investment I made in edge guides etc.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wouldn't go anywhere else. I'll agree the "biccies" are always good, too! As a spin off, I know an awful lot more than I did about ski tuning - and bindings (including their location) - and ski construction.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 24-05-07 20:01; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cool
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jmdohanlon wrote:
.....When friends took a look at my skis after this they were impressed with how much smoother the bases were and the edges noticably sharper than after a shop tune. I now have orders to tune their skis too.....

That sounds like a buying signal for a bulk wax purchase wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
spyderjon wrote:
That sounds like a buying signal for a bulk wax purchase wink

All in good time. I've got a kilo of wax to get through already Laughing

May also be needing some edge guides at other angles depending on what I find when I get to check over their skis. Mind you, all of theirs have been machine tuned at shops already, so probably sport the standard 1,2 angles regardless of what they were originally wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jmdohanlon, I bet you find they're mostly 1,1.

I agree 1,2 is a good default setting.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mosha Marc, it would be tempting to take up your bet and liberate some easy money from you Very Happy

I've been thinking about the situation. All their skis have been to the same shop as 2 out of the 3 pairs we have - and those were checked out at Spyderjon's as being 1,2 angles. So, all the rest should be as well.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shall I say it before spyderjon does.... "Try a 3 degree angle" Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scarpa, Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy