Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Answered thanks - Pronate - can someone please provide simple translation?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK, I've read oodles of threads on here that talk about pronation, and the foot pronating in the boot (or not as the case may be). I'm still trying to work out exactly what 'pronation' is? Currently, I'm guessing at a lateral side to side movement along the length along the length of the foot, i.e. rolling the foot from its outside edge to the inside. Have I understood correctly please, if not please correct me.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 23-05-07 22:27; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megamum, Try something called a search engine like www.Google.co.uk for these sort of questions and you find results such as this

http://www.drfoot.co.uk/pronation.htm

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 23-05-07 22:23; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.runnersworld.ltd.uk/pronation.htm
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin, Thanks - I've been and read - not what I thought at all - I can see why its important in skiing because if its bad it must put out of alignment all the joints above.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FenlandSkier, Thanks too. Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Megamum, I'll show you on your birthday bash trip, cos it's what my previously broken/dislocated ankle now does big-time! (But not in my ski boots thanks to great footbeds Very Happy )
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CEM's you're man for details of this - I had pronated footbeds thanks to poorly made kit from Snow and Rock in Bristol (never again!) that didn't correct my feet, which I think are slightly pronated but the beds made them worse. CEM sorted me out with some decent ones a few months ago after I went to him and he discovered one was 8 percent pronated and the other not much better!

The result of the pronated footbeds was pain, poor skiing (in comparison to what I'm capable of) and lack of skiing enjoyment (it was miserable truthfully).

I'm sure he'll be able to give you all the technical details of what it means and what it does but the comments above seem to describe it well, at least to my untrained eye Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
roga, All whilst juggling pork pies! Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, You really are missing English Haute cuisine aren't you Laughing Laughing
Meet me in Alberville next week and I'll bring some pies over for you Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
roga, All whilst juggling pork pies! Toofy Grin

What, me or him? Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy