Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grass skiing in The Guardian?!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A blast from the past available tonight:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221387102415
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RoadProAndy wrote:
I've just noticed this thread. I grass ski regularly on the south Downs, in various London parks and anywhere else that I can find a nice, smooth, grassy slope. I use Rollka skis which I bought about 30 years ago. You can see me in action - not very dramatic I'm afraid - on YouTube:
http://youtube.com/v/7KnwmoyrJNE

If anyone wants to get in touch, please do!! I'm so lonely.

Andy

Is that at the top of Glynde Hill, by Ringmer?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes it is! Just across the road from the new wind turbine monstrosity.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I know the monstrosity well!!! I grew up in Ringmer, and my parents are still there Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's why I was there as well. My mum lived in Springett Avenue!

That hill is fantastic for grass skiing. You can go right to the top or start off about half-way at a bit of a dip. From the top scares me but I've done it a couple of times. From half-way it's a good run with a nice jump at the bottom if you're in the mood. I'm really surprised that no one else is ever there doing something similar.

I live in south London and there are a few places where I can go but nowhere has that view!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Small world!!! I lived down the Broyle but obviously know Springett really well.

I can imagine that hill being great for grass skiing - we used to go down it on our sledges on snow days as kids. Great fun but it's very scary at times!!! We also used to do the hill at Goat farm but it's not so long or steep.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Any time you want to try skiing it, let me know!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Will do Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do any of you still grass ski on the South Downs. I would love to join you. Do you know where you can get the skis from nowdays
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This brings back memories !

I remember when this started off in the UK in the 70s. Bruce Benson (of Bearsden Ski Club) imported them and persuaded me to demo them for him at the Angus Show, on the grassy banks at the showground at Arbroath.

Later that year, or the following year, there was a grass ski competition somewhere in the lake district. I recall Ingy Christopherson and Ian Finlayson also being there. I collected a pennant that sat in a drawer for decades until I was having a tidy up when it ended up in the bin.

And that was in the days before helmets !
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I remember falling like that the first time I tried grass skiing in a park in Bristol circa 1984. The pain was similar to that experienced getting up the hill on a rope tow and shredding the skin on my hands.

Never again.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm glad I found this thread. I saw people skiing on Butser Hill near Portsmouth 40 odd years ago, before I'd got the ski bug, and thought it looked fantastic. I had a look online for it a while back and there was nothing much coming up. So now I've learned the history of it. Thanks everyone.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@RoadProAndy,
Hi Andy,
Not sure if you are still grass skiing but the Aldershot Senior Ski Club grass ski two or three times a year. You are more than welcome to join us.
Sheila
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sheila Honey wrote:
@RoadProAndy,
Hi Andy,
Not sure if you are still grass skiing but the Aldershot Senior Ski Club grass ski two or three times a year. You are more than welcome to join us.
Sheila

https://www.facebook.com/aldershotseniorskiclub
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Holy thread bump Batman!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy