Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanting to do a season, advice would be brilliant!

Poster: A snowHead
I'd have thought the logic would be that if as a heterosexual male you can get laid in a ski town without having BYO, then you're obviously adept at ensnaring the opposite sex and therefore anything else after that is a piece of cake.

What's the definition of a single girl in a ski town? One standing more than 2m from her boyfriend.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 24-05-07 23:06; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob, or the other one "she's not your girlfriend, it's just your turn" - Ric, an instructor from Colorado told me that one.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stuarth wrote:
Spikyhedgehog wrote:
I was originally going to do this, but my degree requires me to go straight into work after I've finished in order to gain chartered engineering status.

If I'd done a year out after school (I had slightly more money then as I hadn't wasted it all on beer and curry yet- a bit of a theme developing here!!), I reckon I'd have really been struggling, particularly with the maths side - degree level engineering maths is a bit of a leap form A-level maths!

That's the main focus, the fact that I will have the money for it now, not after.

Also maths is my forte at the minute so hopefully I should be able to manage. I've had a look at some first year textbooks and I can see what you mean about the jump! I guess i'll just have to take everything in my stride as it comes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

maths is my forte

YOU WEIRDO!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

But if you're also good at arithmetic, consider how much more money you'll have at the end of your season if you work rather than bumming it, and trade this off against loss of mountain time due to work commitments.

Whichever you do you're bound to have a spiffy season.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ARAIK students and potential students under 25 can apply for 'working holiday' visas for Canada, might be worth doing some searching on that.

Some US resorts will sponsor H2B temporay worker visas, but requirements to have experience will vary depending on the resort, and how much they need to employ overseas staff. The H2B visa will work out much cheaper than a Student J1 visa done through some organising company as you can sort out an H2B visa work permit directly with the lift company then got to the US embassy to get it - cost £60 upfront visa application fee in 2006. You'll need to act quite quickly though on these as lift companies will already be making the initial moves on securing work permits as the process is lengthy for them.

Kirkwood, CA for example has been fairly liberal with their interpretation of 'relevent experience' as they are heavily dependent on overseas staff. Overseas staff are also more or less assured of on mountain employee housing. For maximum ski time overnight pisting would be the job, not sure where you could chalk up experience driving kassbohrers between now and then though! Laughing

As for drinking ages, why not take the chance to enjoy underage drinking one last time, you'll never be able to again! NehNeh
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard wrote:
YOU WEIRDO!!!!

Too true!

I might have something sorted out with george_1 off here. Good news! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard wrote:

But if you're also good at arithmetic, consider how much more money you'll have at the end of your season if you work rather than bumming it, and trade this off against loss of mountain time due to work commitments.

Lizzard, it's obvious math is NOT your forte! Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spikyhedgehog, well done! So its another snowHead in Tignes then? wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spikyhedgehog, PS - stewart woodward here is a Tignes winter/part of summer resident. If you PM him nearer the time he may have some useful contacts for potential jobs snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spikyhedgehog, It is positively heart-warming to witness so much tact in one so young. You will go far, whatever you do! Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cathy wrote:
Spikyhedgehog, PS - stewart woodward here is a Tignes winter/part of summer resident. If you PM him nearer the time he may have some useful contacts for potential jobs snowHead

Brilliant! I may have to see if he'll provide me with a little bit of tuition when I'm out there. I really need to sort out my technique. Very Happy

Hurtle, Embarassed , thanks!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spikyhedgehog,

If you are staying with George 1 i hope you are not too noisy as i have sorted him the apartment below us Toofy Grin

Hopefully see you in December
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ah, i'll be sure too. Very Happy

Nothing's set in stone yet so I'm just crossing my fingers.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stewart woodward wrote:
If you are staying with George 1 i hope you are not too noisy as i have sorted him the apartment below us Toofy Grin

Clomping round early morning in your ski boots would be good revenge though Twisted Evil
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
abc, it most certainly isn't. In fact, if I were at school now I'd probably be saddled with some trendy so-called learning disability. As it was I just got told off a lot for 'not trying'.
ski holidays
stewart woodward, We aren't a noisy bunch at all, you don't need to worry Blush
Spikyhedgehog, as soon as you've been up to leeds so we can double check you aren't a murderer, then we will sort something out Cool
snow report
What is the vetting process to wheedle out any potential serial killers??

Might is suggest

1) a quick search of bag for any severed heads or body parts

2) find out his favourite film, if it is one of the following might be best to steer clear (Hostel, Halloween, so I married an axe murderer ect)

3) find out his role models, I would steer clear if he mentions Bundy, Hitler, Shipman, Blair, Pot
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy