Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BSM/Les Arcs/La Plagne 15-29th January 2005

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
PG,

"Vallandry? Never heard of it," said my ski instructor from Val d'Isère's ESF ski school this Christmas

I find that unbelievable...even I know Vallandry's not is Switzerland.

But since we will be coming across for the meet on the 24th where in Les Arcs should we ski.
I have buzzed around there before but that was years ago, any must do's..??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JT, Given the poor conditions it might be "any can do's ?"
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Vallandry is a low level resort between 1800 and Plan Peisey.

Due to inadequate snow the higest slopes are likely thin and icy as the wind would have removed most of it.

Higher slopes are stony. This seems to be the view by everybody skiing in Tarentaise.

The best place to ski apparently is at the lower slopes. Thus it make sense to stick with 1800, 1600, Plan Peisey, Vallandry and even Villaroger. However you may have to go through some stony runs to get to Villarroger which seemed to have the best condition when I skied on 8 Jan.

Despite the lack of snow skiing in Les Arc is still pretty good as there are nice runs arounds within the 200km piste available. One can of course cross over to La Plagne (with 220 km of piste) via the cable car link at Plan Peisey. Make sure you know the location of Flying squirrel's den so that you can drop in for a pint there.

The snow condition isn't good but it isn't poor either because one can avoid the doggy patches which are well sign-posted. Most snowheads complained (me included) because it was below average condition at this time of the season. It is the same everywhere in Tarentaise or Portes du Soleil.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kuwait_ian, saikee,

I will be based in Belleplagne so I will be spending most of the time around Bellecote.
Anyway it will snow this week so that will freshen things up.
I was thinking of any must do's in these good conditions...!!

How are the arrangements for the meet, still good...?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Think so ... anyone hoping to make it on the 24th, or wants to arrange a different day/time while you're out there, my mobile is +33 [0]682 83 93 43
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes the meet up on Monday 24th at FS's pub in Plan Peisey is still on for anyone in the area. Lunchtime thrash 1 p.m. ->->->->-?
JT, I think you are talking of the offpiste area called Bellecote (down from the glacier). Sorry - that's not my scene at all. But if you get some snow, have a good time.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kuwait_ian,

I haven't been to the area but Bellecote sounds good if we get the snow everyone wants.
I plan to make the 24th at the right-ish time, so you see there. and then maybe ski Les Arcs before having to get the Express
and connections back to Belleplagne.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi all snowHead snowHead - I start travelling tomorrow and I am not lugging a laptop. So probably no appearances here for about 10 days. Looking forward to meeting some snowHeads in the flesh next week in Les Arcs. Have a good time while I'm away. I can confidently predict a huge dump of snow in the Haute Savoie next Thursday - just in time to screw up my flight into Chambery. Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy