Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI 3 FIRST JOB

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any suggestions as to the best way to get a first instructors job-best coutries or better still any connections Puzzled
all help much appreciated snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=26834&highlight=

a debate is going on right now on UK dry slope teaching, doesnt make for uplifting news

If you are based in France i dont believe you can work as a basi 3 unless you have passed your eurotest.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are you looking for a full season or just a few weeks? Interski is quite a good company for a few weeks with pretty high pay for a first time instructor. I've heard that Skiing Europe is also quite good, and take both part time and full time instructors. Keep an eye on the BASI newsletter if you are BASI registered, and also on snowsportrecruitment.com and natives.co.uk.

I registered interest with an American resort a couple of years ago regarding instructing, and they email me a couple of times each season to see if I'm available for the whole or half a season. I can't remember who it was, but I found them on snowsportrecruitment.com.

If you come from a racing background, you can also try all the British snow clubs - I see BARA are looking at the moment for next season according to their website, as I expect others are.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i believe interski Italy you can get three week a year with good pay...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Its a full seasons work I am trying to find for my daughter iblair, do you have a web add for Skiing Europe? America or Canada are a possibity anyone any experience teaching over there?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If she can get her own visa (through BUNAC or otherwise) then the opportunities open up in Canada.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
redrunmarcus,
Quote:

do you have a web add for Skiing Europe

There is one on snowsportrecruitment.com for part time instructors at the moment, but definitely worth asking. They are based mainly in Austrian resorts.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
iblair, cheers for that snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think Loon Mountain in New Hampshire was the US one - no idea what it's like, just that they seem keen to hire British Instructors. You can apply online at http://www.loonmtn.com/jobs/jobs.asp
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
redrunmarcus,

Try Verbier (loads of English speaking ski schools there) and other Swiss resorts. North America a good bet too, as are Austria and Andorra.
Also try:

http://www.snowsportrecruitment.com/

The BASI 3s I know have had no trouble getting jobs.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
beanie1, thanks I'll pass that info on Little Angel
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I worked for interski for 5 years and have all the contacts of people that can help. Great company, often not taken seriously but I have great memories and it is a brilliant stepping stone.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy