Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Cyber X20

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of buying the above are they any good for someone who isn't that good at skiing?

Been three times getting worse!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mark one, they're a bit dated, do you expect to take lessons? Are you trying to fit a budget?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
These are quite dated skis. To be honest (and I'm sure WTFH can provide the figures) - if you ski for less that 2 or 3 weeks a year, you're better off renting.

Rental stocks these days have a high turnaround with technology.

Buy your own boots though. Your own boots, assuming they have been properly fitted and not off eBay - will transform your skiing.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Properly fitted???

I bught boots from our local dry slop shop where I took lessons two years ago, but no one fitted them. Spent two weeks on the slops this year falling over and in total pain, on the last day discovered someone had moved them to the back position and locked them Smile

I have rented for the last two years and this year spent two weeks in Poland where the rental equipment was really old and worn and in Finland where the equipment was brand new but very expensive to rent

As for the Head skis they are brand new although they have a scratch on one of the skis and being sold for £60 ukp including a bag

what is the difference between a new ski and one say like the one I asked about?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mark one, for the same weight skier, a new ski will generally

- be shorter (a 175 lb skier might ski the X20 in 180 or 190 whereas he might ski a C210 in 163cm or 170cm depending on speed preferences)

- have a broader performance envelope (slow speeds, fast speeds, odd conditions like manky cut up snow or crusty snow or ...) this also means greater variety of turn shapes.

- have a shorter turn radius meaning more technique emphasis is on tilting the ski in the roll (coronal) plane to make turns instead of swinging the body of the ski in the yaw (azimuth) plane

£60 ukp for beginner skis from '00/'01 is not such much good deal. If you were to find a pair of XP100s in the wrapper, though, that would indeed be interesting.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks for your views

so what do you people recommend

I am thinking of going to Poland/Slovenia next year for four to six weeks if my plans for work work out
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy