Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"We shoot you"

Poster: A snowHead
Home movies in Paradiski - a novel idea, but just how much demand will there be? Leave your camcorder at home, this enterprise offers to follow you around the slopes, filming you as you go, producing your very own dvd record of your holidays.

Can't see it being very much in demand myself, but who knows?

http://www.weshootyou.co.uk/main.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seems quite good value to me at €200 per day - I think it could be popular.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think people would go for that...especially if you split the cost between a group of you.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quality looks first rate. You'd want your skiing to be bang up to scrtch before calling them in, though Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Will anybody volunteer to be my stunt double? Then there's wardrobe assistant, make-up and hair artistes, best boy, gaffer, someone to remove the pips from the lemon slices in the gluhwein. Not to mention the director and his entourage. Best to charter a private plane I feel.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
scream if you're paying I will volunteer Very Happy (how close are you to balding and slightly (ahem) overweight?)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My apologies to weshootyou, but I think anyone going in for this will regret it big-time. You are in for an awful shock when you see the movie. We all think we ski far better than we do. Anyone subjected to being videoed by their instructor knows that. You look a real prat. I think I look like this. I actually look like this. No, friends, stick with the fantasy, or follow scream's advice and get yourself a stunt double.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ahh if the stunt double is supposed to look good skiing I might have to withdraw. I presumed they would be required for the falling over shots (and hoped to be required for the beer drinking ones).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Actually Mark, I think you have made a good point. I wonder if these guys aren't filming all the wrong bits. I mean, once you've seen one guy skiing down the piste, you've seen them all. Blooming boring video. No, what you want is all the wipe-outs, spag bog spilled down ski outfit, embarassing damp patch on bum after sitting on wet chair-lift, knock-out put-downs from gorgeous blonde after disastrous chat-up routine, and your bravado drinking activities followed by famous falling-over routine. Now that would be a video worth seeing.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good to see you back, Jonpim... snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Huzzah! Jonpim's back! snowHead
Hello again.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Jonpim snowHead you've been missed snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jonpim the knock-out put-downs usually come from me - honest! But the rest sounds easy enough... Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
"Dude that DVD is the bomb".

rolling eyes
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
he's back he's back......he's really really back.......... Laughing welcome back Jonpim, you've been missed! NehNeh

I just wish someone i boarded with could take photos. It seems i'm always the one with the decent camera and the only one that manages to take decent photos, get the body in, nice scenic shots, can spot the falls as they happen........etc
ski holidays
Nice to see you back here Jonpim, and I really agree with your points too. I think I go twice as fast as I really do on the video. Did that make sense?
ski holidays
Jonpim wrote:
Actually Mark, I think you have made a good point. I wonder if these guys aren't filming all the wrong bits. I mean, once you've seen one guy skiing down the piste, you've seen them all. Blooming boring video. No, what you want is all the wipe-outs, spag bog spilled down ski outfit, embarassing damp patch on bum after sitting on wet chair-lift, knock-out put-downs from gorgeous blonde after disastrous chat-up routine, and your bravado drinking activities followed by famous falling-over routine. Now that would be a video worth seeing.

Thems the videos we'd really want.
snow report
Thanks for all the kind comments.
On those videos I am always quite convinced I am bending and extending like crazy, planting them poles intent on killing the piste and leaning out near to falling over. And then the video shows this frozen statue twitching down the slope. That can't be me! But it is.....
snow report
Jonpim,

Quote:

I think I look like this.

How many times have I told you - do not use that picture of me without my permission!!!!!!!!!!

snowHead
snow conditions
Jonpim, it's so true - we have taken video several times and it always looks soooooo disappointing. Even the good skiers in the group don't look that good!
latest report
Mark Lehto, I appreciate your kind offer. I don't think there should be too much problem - I have hair, but I could be considered a little well-upholstered. (Ahem indeed.) Don't worry about ski-ing - I adopt the classic British egg stance at every opportunity. A problem might be that I don't drink beer, but we can edit those bits. I'll send you a contract.
Oh yes, I'm female. Never mind - Bela Lugosi's last film was completed after his death with a stand-in who was 9 inches shorter and thirty years younger than him.
snow conditions
scream,
Quote:

Oh yes, I'm female.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Now that should be a video worth watching Shocked
latest report
scream wrote:

Oh yes, I'm female. Never mind - Bela Lugosi's last film was completed after his death with a stand-in who was 9 inches shorter and thirty years younger than him.

I take it that you are referring to that cinematic masterpiece Shocked "Plan 9 from Outer Space" by director Edward D Wood Jr, in which the small amount of original footage of Bela Lugosi was then later added to by the director filming his chiropractor holding a cloak half across his face. The difference in appearance was however still noticeable Toofy Grin
I first saw it over 20 years ago at a "Golden Turkey Award" film festival in London. It was shown together with his earlier magnum opus "Glen or Glenda", also starring Bela Lugosi. The audience was so large that people were sitting on the floor (and often rolling on it as well as they were in hysterics at the unintentioned comic aspects).
Did you see the film "Ed Wood" starring Johnny Depp made a few years back? - truly excellent and available on DVD (as is Plan 9 from Outer Space and Glen or Glenda).
To quote Bela:
"Pull the Strings!"
snow report
Back to the original thread....it could be popular if the price is right but I think that current price is a bit steep. When we were learning to scuba dive some years back (pre-ski days when we could afford other types of holidays) we had a guy come with our group (of 8 I think) for the morning - he produced a great 20 min video of us, something that we could never have got footage of any other way. We had no obligation to buy it, could view it first - and it only cost us £10 if we wished to buy. A great experience captured for ever.

But I agree with how we look skiing on film - I look really awful and have given up showing our skiing clips to family & friends - just too embaressing. Even M Coins (a dedicated speed-freak) looked as if he was sauntering down a slalom when he had a dvd done with Club Ski at Banff snowHead
snow report
Perhaps for an extra tenner they will speed up the film Laughing
latest report
Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Here's a couple of minutes (7Mb Windows Media file) shot using a camcorder hand held at waist level a la G. Bell. Think I'll be able to charge for this? Cool

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 27-02-05 13:52; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
I was just about to post a link to a file of me skiing at the 2003 EpicSki Academy, until I noticed it was 90MB.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Foxy: we still want to see it. Shrink it (I'm sure you know how - I think its called compaction) and post it. There's nothing on the telly tonight.
snow report
It was only 2 minutes worth of vid!
I've shrunk it to 3.5MB, and am uploading it now.

It's prolly some of the best comedy skiing you'll ever see!
snow report
OK, here goes...
http://skiing.wtfh.com/Video/ESA03.wmv

Now, here's some notes:
The first bit was on day 1 of the Academy, the second/third sections on day 2.
The second half of the vid was shot by me of Nolo. (see if you can spot the difference in technique. One is how I ski, the other is how I imagine I ski!)

It was shot at Brighton, in Utah at the end of January, 2003

I'll see if I can find footage of last year's Academy (but I'm not sure if I ever got a copy)
snow conditions
I found the sound of Alan's ski's scraping along very evocative and it was nice to see the scenery - how come you don't mutter as you go along Alan? I know I do! The WTFH/Nolo combo is better from the examining ski style point of view.
ski holidays
Fox Hat, great video. Thank you. And I viewed it before reading your notes. Bludyell! I thought, you improved. I mean, you didn't ski at all bad in the first half (I'd be quite happy with that), but then when you changed outfits (a big clue I somehow missed), now that was really something.
Brave chap to post it. I wonder if it will start a trend.....
ski holidays
Whoops! I missed Alan's video. Thanks Ian. So, who's the boarder? He/she looks very good. And the scenery is lovely. Fornet1. Where's that?
latest report
Ian Hopkinson, the video bit is done as part of the academy, and then you do an analysis session in your group afterwards.
Nolo had put a soundtrack on it, just music, and had also added some text comments. I stripped that off to reduce the file size.

Jonpim, Le Fornet is at the top of Espace Killy (Near Val d'Isere)
snow conditions
Thanks WTFH - yes it's always quiet up there, but don't tell anyone rolling eyes The subject is definitely not a he/she Jonpim! but is my snow companion (see DG Orf thread).

Now I just need to sort out that purple snow....
ski holidays
Alan Craggs, nice one - was that a 360 about 1/3 into the clip when the boarder stops momentarily ? Wear The Fox Hat, thanks also for yours. Happy memories of days on the snow.
ski holidays
"Snow companion"? Now that sounds a good idea. Where can I get one?
Aaahh: I've just twigged what you meant by see D G Orf Thread.
I wonder how his mum is......
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, I'm a purist - hearing the sound of Alan's skis brought back memories of being in resort in a way that possibly DJ Otzi could match Wink

(Hey, JP - I've just bought a Marilyn Manson CD!)
ski holidays
Ian H, Marilyn Manson . Impressive. Rosie meantime has gone all retro, having decided that all my record collection is not so crap after all. So she's now raving about Cockney Rebel, Wishbone Ash, Jimi Hendrix, The Ramones, Alice Cooper and Supertramp. And she's getting huge status bonuses at school coz none of her friends seem to have ever heard of any of these bands. I mean, what were their parents into? Barry Manilow? (Apologies to any Manilow fans, and to anyone who wanted this thread to stay on topic).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy