Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So who has a place in Verbier?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, pimp me your pads!

We're looking to spend the first two weeks of march 2008 in Verbier: not looking to stay in YHA style accomodation, but then again we can't afford the ritz either. There'll be at least 6 of us, and maybe up to a dozen, so smaller places might not suit the bill, but if your place can only take 6 then pimp away and we'll fill it on a "first to stump up the cash" basis. Equally we'll be happy to share with others if you have a larger place or only a certain number of places left

Happy to consider reasonably priced apartments / self-catered chalets / chalet board chalets (like yours, parlor!). We're mostly pretty happy on any pistes and getting quite adventurous off piste as well if you fancy skiing around with us some days. Some boarders, some skiiers. We might be doing a warren smith course if there's one running while we're there.

At the moment, I've not looked in great detail but I've already found a 2 week holiday with crystal for under £1000, including flights from manchester and transfers. Ok, the accomodation will be a bit ropey as it'll be an apartment, so paying a little more for quality is definitely an option.

sorry it's a bit all over the place !
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can't have ours, those were the two best weeks this year!

Try Peakski, or Mountainbeds, they have quite a lot in Verbier. Other options would be to consider King's apartments. I know a couple of people who stayed there this year. Fairly priced and nicely equipped. Not sure if you can book them this early though.

If your numbers come up then http://www.chaletkernowverbier.com/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nbt, If you are doing the Warren Smith course be prepared for lots of bracage. wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Somewhat off topic but could any French scholars confirm what braquage actually translates as? I thought it meant steering, but bizarrely in French the film 'The Italian Job' is subtitled 'Braquage a l'Italienne'. Perhaps Warren needs to start shouting 'you're only supposed to flex the bloody ankles'.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Braquage is indeed steering. You;ll often find thought that titles are not translated exactly but rather into a meaningful local idiom.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nbt, try PMing Powderhound, he and his missus have a rather nice looking place in Verbier, 3-bed appt if I'm not mistaken. But I can't remember his url dammit
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks eng_ch, will do
ski holidays
 brian
brian
nbt, eng_ch, IIRC this one is powderhound's:

http://www.newmoonverbier.com/
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brian, yep, that's it
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy