Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Resorts introducing speed limits....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Was reading this article on the BBC website.....http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4678806.stm

Basically says resorts are thinking of introducing speed limits on slopes

Ridiculous if you ask me!!

i) Would completely take the fun out of skiing!

ii) How the hell would they inforce it, would we have to start wearing "skier registration plate" so speed cameras could pick you up.

iii) Does the average person know how fast they were going anyway? How many people have you heard say "oh I average 62.7mph down that red"; more likely to say "f**k me, I nailed that red!"

Where would this stop; the sad idiot who thought of this one, would probably want limited points on "ski license" before a ban, and skiiers get breathalised for drink-skiing before being alloud on lifts!!

Well if it did get introduced, all it would mean is my budget for my holiday would go up by £200 to allow for the speeding fines.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lovethepiste, it's from a year ago, it applies to a busy run to resort. Seems similar to putting up netting etc, to stop idiots skiing into kids.

I don't think they would do it on reds or blacks, but it sounds like a reasonable solution to the problem on greens.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I noticed a lot more 'ski tranquille' zones in Serre Che this winter, and also more netting to slow skiers down than in previous years.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
I noticed a lot more 'ski tranquille' zones in Serre Che this winter, and also more netting to slow skiers down than in previous years.

Ditto Les Arcs and Tignes.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Point taken, agreed it would be sensible in green slopes to protect children. Maybe another solution is not to have reds/blacks, higher up the mountain, linking directly into greens and gently blues, maybe having lanes so that there are two clear speeds.

Article from a year ago!! haha glad im up to date. Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
glory boy skiers love to hammer it on the easy blues where its easy to go fast and you can wow all the beginners.. well you think you can but in fact you probably terrify half of them.. said glory boys are rarely found giving large on the more technical and considerably steeper stuff.. meanwhile those who are truly good rarely need to show off to the masses , merely their peers..
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was always impressed with the amount of Piste Patrolers in the US who would clamp down on dangerous behaviour. Have started to notice an increase in patrols in France as well. IMO a sensible solution to have a word with offendors and s ultimate threat remove lift pass
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I saw a guy in France at Easter getting a rollocking from a man in an official looking suit for being a complete idiot and nearly crashing into a wee kid. I don't know if he was affilliated with the resort (i think he was) or if he was just being a good citizen, but it was good to see either way.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy