Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jibbing Clubs

Poster: A snowHead
I must confess I don't know whether this is the best forum for this topic but this tends to be the one I read the most and therefore I am sure you chaps will have some answers.

I was skiing in France last week and whilst I was there I started doing some jumping and jibbing for the first time. I've actually been skiing for over 20 years now (and having recently bought a helmet I seem to have gained some extra confidence) but this is the first time I have ever really got into jumping and jibbing.

By then end of the week I could just about jump and land backwards on my twin tips - I believe 'switch' is the term that jibbers use. On the last day I spent much of it skiing 'switch' as I tried to perfect my skills.

What I really enjoyed was the camaradarie of skiing in the snow park with all the other jumpers and jibbers. All the french guys, who were much better than me doing 360s, 540s and 720s etc were only to happy to offer me some jibbing tips and by the end of the week I really did feel like part of the club and that brings me onto my question.

I was told by a couple of English guys that there is a club for jibbers called the jiblets. Apparently they get together quite regularly to ski together and discuss tips and techniques for jumping and jibbing. The problem is I have forgotten the web address that the guys mentioned and I can't find any mention of it on an internet search.

So has anyone ever heard of the Jiblets or even better is anyone a member?

Any help would be gratefully received.

DME - A new Jibber
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, after asking me if I actually want giblets (er ... no thanks), Google informs me that 'jiblets' is a word for a man's dangly bits. Shocked
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DME, thank you for bringing up this subject as i too am looking for the fore-mentioned club, The Jiblets?

I hear they are very big on the mainland European circuit but are yet to dig their talons in and gain big influence in Britain and would love to get involved with this club as i would love to get big air and perfect my tuna fish grabs

Unlike you though i have not yet invested in a ski helmet i would like some advise on where to buy a good one, i hear Canada is quite cheap? i fear i may need one!

any jiblets out there please let us know, and no lizzard im not after "mans dangly bits" but thank you for the offer!

Phil
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Phil Ter-Wright, Just after the Narrow Rock Band? The Narrow Rock Band with a one armed skier? Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dme, I belive the "Jiblets" are the intrenal workings of a certain "Eagles" ski club.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Phil Ter-Wright, I don't think you'll need to go as far as Canada to get a cheap ski helmet. After a nasty fall I recently invested in a helmet of my own - Giro Encore, 35 pounds, posted to my door.

Check cycling stores websites - Chain Reaction was the site we used.

I have had two falls since (I am learning to carve switch, I hasten to add Smile ) where I have banged my head into the piste - and felt nothing. Definitely get one.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What he fails to mention is that the helmet is lime green, which possibly explains the price. He wears it with stick-on comedy dog ears, which he insists are a 'fanny-magnet', whatever that may be. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lizzard, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
...get off my head, Wench.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard, Mr Lizzard, Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dme, Some of the dry ski slopes (preferably the ones with snowflex for soft(er) landings Shocked ) do freestyle lessons. Norfolk ski club does a 2 hour session on wednesday night with quarter pipe & different sized jumps - they have rails too - expect other dry ski slopes offer similar - but def. go for one with a softer surface - the norfolk ski club landing area off the main kicker is seriously padded underneath too - much to my relief rolling eyes Evil or Very Mad Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Phil Ter-Wright, SMALLZOOKEEPER, Thanks for the info. I must admit I didn't expect the jiblets to have any affiliation with the Eagle Ski Club but I suppose it's all bird related somehow.

I understand the Eagles spend a lot of time going uphill. So if the Jiblets (a clever play on words if they are linked to the Eagles) are associated then perhaps they go uphill but "Switch". Can you ski tour backwards?

I shall drop an e-mail to the Eerie to see if they can cast any light on the jiblets.

Thanks

Phil and the Zoo keeper
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dme wrote:
Can you ski tour backwards?

No I can't.

Then again, I can't ski tour forwards that well either. I did ski Le Tour once or twice, but that's about as close as I get.

I had an email earlier today from Philomena McCracken regarding the Jiblets, she has given me permission to reproduce it here...

============================================================

Dear Hugh, (she is forever mistaking me for my father, Hugh D Fox Hat)

It’s been a long time since I’ve heard from you, and now you come here demanding information on my baby, the Jiblets. Well, I can tell you that since you were never there when we needed you, you can take your request and shove it up your *$%^.

I hope this has been helpful to you,

Phil

============================================================

She doesn't seem to like my father much, funny that, cause her son and I get on like brothers - some people say we even look alike.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I tried jibbing in the spring of '97 with a group who called themselves the Jibber-Jabbers, however I did not understand their whack language or narcissistic attitude, nor did I really enjoy skiing downhill or in the air. Consquently I took up ski touring and have never looked back. Touring offers everyting the mountain could possibly give; Adrenaline, exercise, little risk of injury and most importantly freedom from the bustle of modern life; for instance I have not shaved in over 6 years!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
playerhater, welcome to snowHead
You'll fit in perfectly here.
latest report
playerhater welcome to snowheads! a wise man once told me you could save at least 100g's from the weight of your touring gear by shaving off your beard, think about it. have you tried touring switch? this adapts the best of both worlds
latest report
Phil Ter-Wright, if I were to try touring switch, would I need to shave my back?
snow report
dme wrote:
Phil Ter-Wright, SMALLZOOKEEPER, Thanks for the info. I must admit I didn't expect the jiblets to have any affiliation with the Eagle Ski Club but I suppose it's all bird related somehow.

I understand the Eagles spend a lot of time going uphill. So if the Jiblets (a clever play on words if they are linked to the Eagles) are associated then perhaps they go uphill but "Switch". Can you ski tour backwards?

I shall drop an e-mail to the Eerie to see if they can cast any light on the jiblets.

Thanks

Phil and the Zoo keeper

dme what did you find out it anything from the Eagle Ski Club? I've recently taken to the park too and would be v.keen to improve my kicker skills! I can ski backwards, ish, but haven't tried jumps switch yet, I did a 90' turn in mid-air to land backwards but it was more by accident really.

Just to make sure we're talking the same language what does jibbing mean? I thought it meant doing tricks on everyday life objects, like doing a rail, but not on something in the park on an actual handrail you find somewhere more urbanised. Hence why most people dont like jibbers as they think its dangerous and that they destroy public property blah blah blah.....

Either way I like it and am keen to do more, let me know what you find.

Cheers,
Bensley

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 11-05-07 10:36; edited 1 time in total
latest report
bensley, FISH Twisted Evil
ski holidays
get yourself over to www.darksummer.co.uk they are a friendly and pro-jibbing lot on the whole

point of interest...is ib jibbing as in nib, or jiibing as in jive? I never know...
snow conditions
rungsp, I always compare it to the Sloop John B. Jibbing as in something you do on a boat.
ski holidays
bensley wrote:
Just to make sure we're talking the same language what does jobbing mean?

Jobbing means getting on your bike and going out to find work - that's the problem with the youth of today, too busy jibbling or whatever to get out to work. Why, in my day...

©Norman Tebbit
ski holidays
Phil Ter-Wright, My beard weighs more than 100g I'll have you know. In my quest for weight saving, however, I am having my bones gradually replaced by titanium.
latest report
rungsp wrote:
get yourself over to www.darksummer.co.uk they are a friendly and pro-jibbing lot on the whole

point of interest...is ib jibbing as in nib, or jiibing as in jive? I never know...

I really like darksummer.co.uk, thats an excellent website! I'm on it a lot although there isn't much new stuff on there now the season is over Sad
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
bensley, FISH Twisted Evil

Urm.... Confused
snow report
bensley, You've been 'ad son. A couple of the above SH's are having a little fun with the Freestyle Community. Laughing
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I believe that dme's beard is a bit "Freestyle".
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
bensley, You've been 'ad son. A couple of the above SH's are having a little fun with the Freestyle Community. Laughing

WHY I OUGHTA!!!

ha ha no worries, this is the effect no snow has on me, I lse tha abeelaty 2 typ e

Its a withdrawl symptom, the only cure a sneaky break to the snow capped mountains we all love, maybe New Zealand or Japan would still have some snow, good job they are only around the corner?!?! I'll just jump on a bus.....

Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wear The Fox Hat, I'm not sure if the Young dme has started shaving yet, choirboy youthful goodlooks.
I have a feeling that the playerhater, could be an olderboy from the same choir. Needless to say the experiences leading up to this very descussion we're highly amusing, especially the chasing of the one armed skier/drummer having quickley dispatched of Phil Ter-Wright, and her narrow rockband. Laughing
ski holidays
Phil Ter-Wright, SMALLZOOKEEPER, Thanks Phil. It's interesting that you have had the smae experience. I was also told by a shop guy that for the weight I was trying to save deliberating over kit I might be better off just loosing a bit of body hair.

This seemed pretty rude at first but certainly got me thinking. However as SZK says I have the youthful good looks of a choir boy so I'm not going to really benefit from a shave. HoweverI'm pretty hairy otherwise so in an attempt to use some novel ways of saving weight I've booked myself in for a back, crack and sack.

Not only will it make me lighter for touring It'll also make me more streamlined for jibbing.

With this in mind I am now considering joining the Eagles. I'll be the Bald Eagle - in what I imagine is otherwise a fairly hairy club.

So look out for me in an Eerie near you. I'll be the one flying switch!!
ski holidays
dme, Awesome! Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

back, crack and sack

Shocked
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER,
Quote:

bensley, You've been 'ad son. A couple of the above SH's are having a little fun with the Freestyle Community.

thanks SZK i was merely trying to push a few hatchlings out of the nest on their way to jibbing stardom and experience life outside the nest, not unlike myself and my 3 weeks jibbing expertise! and i hadn't even touched upon right handed skiing yet!

dme, enjoy you back, crack and sack! you may find yourself swamped girls wanting to be your girlfriend (...hey hey, you you etc)
snow report
I tried shaving switch this morning. Not advised.
ski holidays
playerhater, Hmmm, whilst on my way to work this morning i found myself 'Skipping Switch'. As i entered the shop i had an overwhelming feeling of being 'Stoked' things were a little too 'Rad' for my 'Sic' palette. I decided that my only way off this 'Trip' was to 'Throw Down' a '360 Tuna Fish Truck Driver with a Garlic Mayo Grab', oh how i was wrong 'Jibbing' became 'Dribbling' in a matter of minutes, DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE. Twisted Evil
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, You are so 'Whack' Boo yakka shaaa!!!

SAFE
latest report
dme, did you just break a piece of bamboo across your head in the last post? PHAT
ski holidays
Jib Jib
ski holidays
dme, I'm not sure if this helps, but I've discovered that I am a polyglot - I can now speak the language of the jibbers. Proof came in the form of a comment from my girlfriend. On Friday night we were out for a few drinks, and by the end of the evening, she says I was talking Jibberish.
latest report
Quote:

by the end of the evening, she says I was talking Jibberish.

just the end of the evening....and tyhere was me thinking that was normal wink Laughing Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy