Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SNOW!

Poster: A snowHead
This just in from TF1...

Pyrenees - snow fall above 1900m tomorrow
Alps - snow fall above 1800m tomorrow
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wear The Fox Hat,

Really?? It's 20 degrees in Norn Iron. It is crazy weather!!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnboy, 25C earlier this evening when I went out on the bike
But there seems to be a north/south divide here - definitely cooler in the south this week.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep crazy, at 8pm last night here in Spain on the med coast it was 12deg C.
Check this out http://www.grandvalira.com/gv/webcam.asp?key=26
Some in the UK seem to say it is "Global Warming" I need to get a more modern dictionary as the one I have has strange meanings for the words Global and warming Twisted Evil
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dypcdiver, It's chilly and pouring here in the village - bound to be snowing not too high - but can't see anything anyway! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
check out http://www.tignes.net/webcams.html looks like it's snowing.

The forecast is for more http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/weather/forecast.asp?intContactID=44752

I'm thinking a last minute flight for a last blast powder weekend!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For those interested, 40cm of fresh up top in Val d'Isere
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes its SNOWING in Tignes - not just snowing but dumping it down snowHead Its forecast to snow above 1600m today and 2000m tomorrow afternoon. Looks like we will get end of season powder afterall. Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yeh its snowed down to 1700m this morning, not a huge amount at that level but snow never the less Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I can see the snow now on http://www.valdisere.com/gb/webcam/webcam/popup/webcam2.htm

Makes me feel quite ill, i'll have to go out windsurfing here instead to take my mind off the powder.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Now it's cleared a bit I can see snow half way down the face (only a dusting). Bodes well for the summer - let's hope we actually get the missing April snowfalls in May! Cool
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's now snowing in the town! Shocked Shocked
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski, A-M as well ... but alas all a bit too late for our resorts although I wouldn't put it past Diarmuid to hike up . Very surreal after a fortnight back in balmy UK to get this 1st day back. Is L2A still open?

Much banging and crashing today with more forecast tomorrow Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowing in Val Thorens as well... (webcam rather than personal experience)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
easiski,

Any pics?
ski holidays
Agenterre, No, it closed for the season this saturday, skiable to 2100m although very wet. Managed to pick my way down the Valentin's snow patches to about 1750 before hiking the final pitch into town. Glacier and all the runs down to 2600m were absolutely perfect.

La Grave is open until 8 May, although there is no base left below P2, above it was ok-ish and their glacier was lovely. It would need a whole world of snow to open up more terrain, but I would bet that the Vallons de la Meije route as far down as P2 will be fantastic now. If you happen to be in the vicinity, its got to be worth €32 of your hard-earned.
ski holidays
Here's a photo looking up at the top of the Diable and to the Super Diable, which you can't see because of the clouds. It's only 6deg on my balcony now (nearly 11.00), and was almost down to freezing at 08.00 Shocked
snow report
 brian
brian
40cm reported at Saas Fee, which closed on Tuesday. The Zermatt cams look lovely this morning, snow down to about 2000m.

(live cams so get them while they're cold)

ski holidays
Nothing unusual for this time of year.

Freezing level is forecast at night around 2000M so snow above next few days but it will melt very quickly.

Dont get excited . Its over this year
latest report
stanton,

I don't think any of us are going to hop onto Easyjet and head for the hills. It's just nice to look at.
ski holidays
johnboy wrote:
stanton,

I don't think any of us are going to hop onto Easyjet and head for the hills.

Does that make me a bad person then for looking at flights for this weekend Embarassed
ski holidays
stanton, Rubbish - there's plenty of summer skiing to be had, and wherever the snow falls onto existing snow it will help to lower the level we can possibly ski to at the start of the summer season. We have snow on the major pistes down to 2,300m, so whatever falls from 2000m is very good news for summer. Just because St Anton doesn't have summer skiing ....... NehNeh

Fresh dusting this morning just below the bottom of the Diable au Coeur restaurant (2,400m ) - not enough to be worth a photo, wht with packing and everything.. rolling eyes
snow report
Summer glacier Skiing IMO is boring, the terrain is to flat. I gave up skiing the Euro glaciers in the early 80's in favour of getting the real thing in South America & NZ Very Happy
ski holidays
stanton, You are right. Skiing is very boring. I shall be giving it up forthwith.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, that's what's wrong with you - you're just a big quitter. Stick with it for a change. Or better yet, move to the low country where everything is perfect...
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
stanton, Rubbish - there's plenty of summer skiing to be had, and wherever the snow falls onto existing snow it will help to lower the level we can possibly ski to at the start of the summer season. We have snow on the major pistes down to 2,300m, so whatever falls from 2000m is very good news for summer. Just because St Anton doesn't have summer skiing ....... NehNeh

Fresh dusting this morning just below the bottom of the Diable au Coeur restaurant (2,400m ) - not enough to be worth a photo, wht with packing and everything.. rolling eyes

I would have thought you had snow on all the major pistes down to 1800-1900m at the mo?

We don't seem to have seen the 40cm or so reported in Tignes etc. The weather system seems to have come in from Italy (retour de l'est as it is known) and as far as I can see we only got 5cm above 2500-2700m in the Isere.

How is the house move going?
snow conditions
stanton, i'm afraid i do have to agree with you, but there are some that would totally disagree with us, my son for instance is planning another 3 week stint in the park at 2 alpes, i just prey he leaves with me in a car and in one piece this time! the ski race teams also would disagree with us.
I admittedly would give my right arm to go to chili or argentina one summer, but i'll need to make some serious money in the winter to make it ok for me to take a summer holiday! YOu know what its like in ski resorts, you have to work when there is work and that is summer and winter!
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
Nothing unusual for this time of year.

Freezing level is forecast at night around 2000M so snow above next few days but it will melt very quickly.

Dont get excited . Its over this year

Well I've had excellent powder skiing into may in previous years, a friend of mine texted just the other day from val to boast about some fresh powder, with more forecast this weekend.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
still snowing at 1900m i wish i could get there Crying or Very sad for me it is ove this season but thats not due to lack of snow thats due to lack of being able to move and recovering from an op! Very Happy
latest report
Still snowing here ( Alpes Maritime) too, overnight down to about 1600m ... what a shame nothing is open !
ski holidays
Agenterre, get hikin!!! i konw i would be!
snow report
davidof, News on the chalets thread. The new snow is down to about 1900m, and I'm sure you can still get down to the Cretes, but I wasn't really counting that. They tend to bulldoze a clear path on that road as soon as the mountain closes, so the lorries can get up, but I doubt if they can clear a road to the glacier at the moment. The lady who runs the tabac told me a friend of hers had walked up, and the glacier was brilliant!

stanton, You may think it's boring to ski on the glaciers, but if it's good enough for the likes of Tomba and Jaquemod it's good enough for me. so much nicer than winter - great views, not too many peeps (and those up there can actually ski), usually pleasant weather..... doesn't excuse you saying it's finished though. What about all the families that will have great activity holdiays? got to beat sweating on a beach. You may be able to afford to go to Chile or Argentina, but most of us can't. NehNeh NehNeh
snow report
snowangel., I'm old , decrepit and lazy .... but even though he's not been around , I reckon diarmuid will do exactly that, i.e. hike up, this weekend. All praise to you "hard-nut snowHead ' snowHead
ski holidays
A few pics from May 2002 Val d'Isere, the season certainly wasn't over that year by now.

Le Fornet

End of day at La Daille

Powder

5 May 2002
snow conditions
Maybe this is appropriate here . . . . sorry just found it and love it!!!

latest report
Took my dog 'Chelsea' to the Lautaret to do a bit of hiking today. Although the snow wasn't as good as expected, managed to get a few turns in. I wondered what the dog thought of my skiing. She answered my thoughts in her own way!!!
ski holidays
the snow was very springlike at Milton Keynes on Monday wink Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
stanton, You may think it's boring to ski on the glaciers, but if it's good enough for the likes of Tomba and Jaquemod it's good enough for me. so much nicer than winter - great views, not too many peeps (and those up there can actually ski), usually pleasant weather..... doesn't excuse you saying it's finished though. What about all the families that will have great activity holdiays? got to beat sweating on a beach. You may be able to afford to go to Chile or Argentina, but most of us can't. NehNeh NehNeh[/quote]

They only go there as they as they are Pros & need to train ( I dont know if yo are). between seasons Northern & southern .

Once you gone to the Winter in the SH you will never go back on a Glacier Happy
snow conditions
stanton, what, not even if you live 20 minutes away and have a free ticket? Cool You miserable cloggy, you.
ski holidays
Summer skiing has been pretty good on the Glacier d'Argentiere so far this year NehNeh

And it is likelly to get better before it gets worse. And no queue for the lifts here. I like summer skiing Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy