Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski to and From Hotels in Livigno

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good 3/4 star hotel you can ski to and from in Livigno.
Also are you guaranteed snow - going 1st week in Feb 2008 for little sis's 21st birthday. Its a suprise present and we had crap snow in bulgaria this year and it was crap. Want to make this a great one. I heard Livigno is a good spot and pretty high altitude.

Thanks, if anyone can help.
Brian
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
flexrip, Livigno's a ribbon town strung along a N/S valley. Pretty much any hotel in the Southern San Rocco end or in the Main town at the North end of the valley will be either backing onto the piste or at the very most a 100m trot. in between there's about a mile of houses/hotels/apartments etc. along the one-way street although they're on the hill, they can't really be called ski in ski out unless you're into a bit of gentle x-country. I wouldn't worry too much as the buses are free and very frequent. I'd choose any hotel in the main town, it's a pedestrian zone with great bars and food and shopping.

It's in the high Alps, just over the border from St Moritz so snow will as good there as anywhere. but you ski on two sides of the valley and at peak winter cold Feb. it's best to follow the sun as it moves across the hills. Also, it can get VERY cold at night, -22C the last time I was there, so be prepared.

Livigno's a cracking place for a holiday, the skiing's just about enough for a week's pleasure unless you're into serious steeps and gross mileage. The schools are ok but the guides are superb and will take you way out of bounds.

I usually stay in an apartment . . . or under a table in Galli's Embarassed

but here's the Tourist Office link http://www.hotelslivigno.com/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers,
Thats exactly what I wanted to here and 'll check out Galli's.
All the best.
Brian.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looking for good spots to go in Livingo for a gang of 20 going on the rip
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Brian, did you find a good hotel? We are planning a trip at the end of February to meet some dear friends who are coming out for a week from SA.
Thanks,
Chris
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Should add that we are ideally looking for an apartment or self catering accommodation as we will by dining with our friends.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chrisg wrote:
Should add that we are ideally looking for an apartment or self catering accommodation as we will by dining with our friends.
chrisG - PM JacquieCC, she's a member of Snowheads and runs a business out there and has given me some decent advice, she can probably recommend something for you.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great, thanks for the tip!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
try the hotel helvetia, stayed there a couple of times, good food and you can ski right to the door with a good run up !!, nearest lift about 50 metres away.been to livigno 5 times over the last 9 years or so always had good snow but found it to be the coldest place on earth.....apart from aviemore.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy