Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer Trips - What you planning?

Poster: A snowHead
So, the snow in the Northern Hemisphere is giving way to green pastures in the Alps, so what's your plan?

I'm off back to Bad Gastein for my first proper summer holiday since buying there last year. I'll be checking out the mountain biking and climbing mostly. After that, i'm coming back here to get married! Very Happy

Where you going?

Kersh
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sounds great. I'm camping in Langres - cycling and canoing mostly.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cycling in Ireland (June)

Sailing in Greece (August)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm stuck, i have June off and dont know what to do Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
im off to Zell am See, Austria for a week in July... Hoping to pay and do a power flight and fly to the grossglockner, highest Austrian mountain Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, wink In Cham that's impossible right? Laughing

oasis13, nice. I used to have a PPL but had to jack it in for a house in Austria.

Kersh
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Off to St Jean D'Aulps for two weeks in July - get out and about, cycling, canoeing, trout fishing and whatever else I can find to amuse myself! Really want to have a go at parapente but we'll see. Just love the Alps in the summer Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A week's walking in the Lake District in June
A week's singing in Herefordshire, with a bit of walking between rehearsals, in July
Two weeks in Nepal, including a week's trekking, in October
Fitting in somewhere a few days visiting friends in the Vaucluse - main activities eating and drinking!
But I've done a lot less skiing than some other snowHead s this year! Maybe more skiing and less walking in 2008
Work? What's that?
Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ummmm

Maybe some hiking in Colorado in september....

Some skiing in LDA earlier in summer

Some surfing in July and August

Some sightseeing locally in between times

A hiking tour in Northern Ireland maybe in there somewhere...

Skiing in LDA for PSB??

Then winter rolls around again
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anyone interested if I pull together a ski improvement 5 day camp in the Autumn?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
August laying on a Greek Island, havn't booked yet, so don't know which one. Sailing & Diving on the menu though. Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
veeeight, I'd start a new thread for that if I were you.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oz for 3 weeks in the summer - might go to Thredbo but I din't get great encouragement for this idea from other snowHead snowHead

Two moors way in the autumn probably

A couple of adventure races round the UK - Jersey definitely, and looking at some others
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
veeeight, Are you trying to do me out of my (very little) summer business???? Shocked Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Croatia in June and Gran Canaria in September - hope to hire a mountain bike and do some cycling!.
ski holidays
A weekend break for my birthday in June, location still to be decided, and 2 weeks in Monetier starting on 13th July, just in time for Bastille Day. We may fit in a day at LDA, as we have a free days skiiing to use up, and no doubt kids and hubby will hurl themselves down mountains on bikes.
ski holidays
I'm very very tempted to try some summer skiing in L2A if I can wangle enough time off work and persuade any mates to come with me. Oh, and if I can find some money Toofy Grin
snow report
jb1970, whereabouts in Croatia?
snow report
Skiing in Stryn, Norway on 26-28 May!

After that, it's up to the SO. We struck a deal that I get to call the winter holidays, and she gets to call the summer ones.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Two weeks in Switzerland in July. Very Happy
latest report
easiski, uh-oh. Maybe different markets? Sad
ski holidays
Week in Devon camping at start of school hols and week booked off at end of August to go somewhere
snow report
veeeight, why don't you come to the PSB this year??? Last year I couldn't do all the lessons requested anyway .... Sorry to be so sensitive, but after all these years of very hard work to persuade peeps that it's a good idea to ski in the summer (which seems to be working), and as, if any of us working in the summer are happy and surprised if we earn enough to pay our bills ......
snow conditions
veeeight,

the link in your sig...

they cannot spell the name of the place they are going... it is THREDBO (note no a)... a bit of a worry...

Re the Falls Creek race clinic do you know who the coaches are? Frano (head of race dept there) is AWESOME... He was my instructor until he ran off to be race deptartment head
snow report
We want to go somewhere mountainy, sunny and with plenty to do but very difficult to find anywhere at a reasonable price from Northern Ireland. I'll keep searching!! Would love to go to Zell am See as we could sail on the lake, and ski in the mountains at Kaprun Very Happy
latest report
I still have a yen to head to LDA sometime over the summer but time, money and persuasion may all be lacking
snow report
Quote:

veeeight, why don't you come to the PSB this year???

Sounds good! Keep me in touch, if I can, I'll gladly help out. But if there's enough demand for a summer session, let me know too!

Quote:

it is THREDBO

I know rolling eyes Laughing

Don't know the full list of coaches yet, but one of them will be my buddy Luc Pelletier.
latest report
Hurtle, where in Nepal are you planning to go trekking?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
veeeight, I will PM you - you should come.... I think you live too far north to come to Christchurch in May. We want to see if you're a real person Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mrs johnboy, Not very cheap from N. Ireland but you should deffo come here and stay in Venosc. fly to wherever and rent a car - more things to do than you can possibly exhaust in one holiday, and I have regulars from N. Ireland every summer - they drive down and stay either Canvas or Eurocamp - that way you can stop wherever you like and your accommodation is ready and all in with the price.

eng_ch, I know it's far, but it would be great to see you (both). Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
easiski, When are you 'open for business' for the next few months? I can't find out from your website .. Embarassed
snow report
Quote:

We want to see if you're a real person

Of course not! I'm a figment of my own imagination!
There are a few select snowHead that have met me, among those are Alastair Pink, WTFH. SharkyMark, rob@rar, parlor plus I'm sure there are a few others.
snow conditions
cathy, It's a short, easy one at not particularly high (relatively!) altitude, part of the Annapurna circuit between Kathmandu and Pokhara. It's the middle seven days of a two week 'cultural' guided trip - the guide is a Cambridge lecturer, an anthropologist who speaks various Himalayan tribal languages as well as fluent Nepali. Apparently we'll be staying one night (in Tatopani) in a lodge owned by his 'ritual brother.' I shall look forward to learning what that means! Can't wait, seeing the Himalayas has always been on my 'must do this before I die' list.
snow report
easiski wrote:
eng_ch, I know it's far, but it would be great to see you (both). Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks, that's much appreciated, would love to see you too, still gutted we missed the EoSB (although found something else nice to do Wink ). I have ideas involving a friend who wants to learn to ski and isn't prepared to commit to our group week next year until she's had a taster, but whether they see the light of day remains to be seen
latest report
 brian
brian
Hurtle, on my list too. Sounds excellent !
ski holidays
eng_ch wrote:
I still have a yen to head to LDA sometime over the summer but time, money and persuasion may all be lacking

We'll be in Serre Che during the last two weeks in July, and we'll most certainly be heading up for a day's skiing at some point.
snow report
I'm planning...
A weekend in Paris - to try out the TGV - in June.
A weekend in Seaford - to reduce the EC wine lake - in July.

And then work the rest (or maybe take a day off here and there) - so that I can afford to go skiing next season.
ski holidays
Hurtle, sounds good! Especially the cultural side. I've done the Annapurna circuit and, before that, a shorter one week trek going up to Poon Hill from Pokhara and then round. Both times I just went with a friend and we did it by ourselves staying in lodges along the way. Great fun. Don't be fooled by the relatively easy altitude - there's a hell of a lot of ups and downs to go up & down! Although I suppose it was a bit worse for us as we had to carry our backpacks - hopefully you won't have to do that!
snow conditions
cathy, Thanks. No back packs, thank heaven! I think the cultural side should be fascinating and also, because the guide has lived in the area for long periods, the villages we stay in/explore in depth might not be the more obvious ones. Any tips about what to take - though the tour operator seems good and will surely offer advice as well - would be very welcome. I've never even been to that continent, let alone Nepal!
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat,
Quote:

A weekend in Paris

Mind the dog poo! I went a couple of weeks ago and, whilst the city looked as beautiful as ever, you really had to look where you put your feet. And, because it was so hot while I was there, the whole place smelled accordingly. What ever happened to those little squirty, street cleaning cars they used to have in Paris?
ski holidays
Hurtle, well the Indian sub-continent is an experience! I found Nepal slightly better than India in terms of smells, hygiene & pestering. In terms of what to take we probably had different priorities to you, ie, as little as possible as we had to carry it, orange squash to mask the disgusting taste of iodine tablets in water, lightweight but warm sleeping bag - oh and don't forget the Immodium and rehydration pwders! It's also surprisingly warm/hot at the lower altitudes although temps do drop a lot at night - so a mix of layers to wear. And a hat. But I'm sure your tour operator will give you proper advice. Be sure to tell us all about it when you get back!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy