Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vail racks up 133 reports of ski pass fraud, while only 2 reported at Beaver Creek

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know it has been discussed before in this thread, but here is another article.
Quote:
Ski pass fraud has more than doubled this season on Vail Mountain, according to the Vail Police Department.
Vail police caught 133 people fraudulently using a ski pass this season, said Kris Cureau, records manager for the Vail Police Department.
Ticket scanners also may quiz skiers on personal information such as a birth dates and addresses that appear on an electronic scanner’s display.

Vail is working on improved technology for the future but Brown would not discuss specifics, Vail gives its employees a financial incentive, but Brown refused to say how much.

Ticket scanners received $60 for each fraudulently used season pass they found, said Greg Spielberg, a Vail resident who worked as a ticket scanner during the 2004-2005 season.

Only two fraudulent uses of ski passes have been reported at Beaver Creek this season, said Sara Cross, a spokeswoman of the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office.

http://www.vaildaily.com/article/20070423/NEWS/70423015/0/FRONTPAGE
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's probably becuase the Beav is rubbish by comparison (except if you like silky groomers etc) and dirtbags don't bother scamming there.

Actually from reading a thread on TGR it seems the stats are probably down to a push at he end of the season when skiers are more like to borrow a friend's pass becauase their free days have run out. Catching ion average 1 person a day doesn't suggest they are completely on top of it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob, Ripsaw isn't exactly a groomer, but apart from it, and a few other bump runs, and tree runs, I'd agree with you.
I was skiing there a couple of years ago, and at about 11am, 7 piste bashers were heading up one of the runs in a ^ formation, so that the whole run was pisted in one pass.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I do not condone criminal activity however, if one of the USA's biggest resorts was more affordable maybe it may not happen ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another practice of Vail reosrts is the European like atitude to pass refunds or rainchecks which is "no" even if they shut 95% of the lifts and all the interesting terrain within 5 minutes of you buying a ticket. This is not standard industry practice in North America and the ticket office manager was quick to agree when I pointed out they were competing with the like of Whistler and Banff resorts who have far more customer friendly policies.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy