Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Am I being taken 4 a ride???

Poster: A snowHead
On about Canada Ive just got a quote for next year. Two of us in Banff staying at the "Red Carpet Inn" B&B with the tour operator Inghams. This is for 10 days going on Feb 20th from Manchester.

Price list

flights, accomadation (B&B), suppliments £1268.00
Lift Passes £ 498.00
ski & boot hire £ 112. 00
Tuition 3 days £ 246.00
Ski & boot hire extra days £ 48.00
lift passes extra days £ 222.00
Total bloody hell

Is that a price anyone on here would pay or is it steep?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i think you're coming up against half term pricing. try going direct for hotel. flights will be pricey for same half term reasons. do you have to go then?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MFC, I went to Banff last year but with Nielson. Try pricing it up with them too (they price based on 2 per room, not 4). Lift passes seem very pricey (may be cheaper to get elsewhere) I think I paid £250 for a 9 day pass. Guess the tuition is Club Ski, I paid £100 last year. I did price up for Banff next year and noticed how much prices have gone up.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You beauty i forgot about half term, no I dont have to go then so will look a little earlier. Still I take it, its still pricey??
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just looked in the brochure and were going at as near as dam it the cheapest time.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The flights & accommodation seem reasonable. I'd try booking the rest myself in advance.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MFC, I was looking at Canada or USA in school holidays Sad

Decided we can have 2 holidays in Europe for same price snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've just done a price comparison on my New Year trip last year. Same hotel, etc it would cost £700 more next year and that's just for 2 people (1 adult, 1 child). Taking into account that I got a huge 17.5% discount last year and I'd be lucky to get 10% off now that brings it to to nearer £1000 more. Sad Inghams did have some good late season late booking deals a few weeks ago though.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
MFC, mid-Feb is an Alberta holiday too, as I know from our own trip to Banff. My kids are certainly on holiday those dates in Feb.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Is that a typo? £ 222.00 for an extra day???
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And President's weekend in the US.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
abc wrote:
Quote:

I think he meant that as the total requred to extend both of their passes from the "standard" 6 days to 9 or 10. So a total of 6 or 8 "extra" days for that money.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
alex_heney wrote:
abc wrote:
Quote:

I think he meant that as the total requred to extend both of their passes from the "standard" 6 days to 9 or 10. So a total of 6 or 8 "extra" days for that money.

In that case, I would question the quote of

Quote:
Lift Passes £ 498.00

That seems very high for a "standard" 6 day pass (works out to be CAN$100/day-pp?!).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How many hours of tuition are you getting for that?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
abc wrote:

Quote:
Lift Passes £ 498.00

That seems very high for a "standard" 6 day pass (works out to be CAN$100/day-pp?!).

They're expensive in Canada - I think mainly due to they don't discount for extra days. You pay about $80+tax/day iirc (so £40ish, 40*6 = 240/ea *2 = 480~)
snow report
i travelled with a package operator this year. i got my boardhire on the bus later to find that the price for the shop was some €30 less than i was charged by the operator. i queried it with the rep on site and got a refund. whilst i was chatting witht eh ski hire fella he said that teh tour operator took some 55% of what i paid them in commision. he said the best way to do it is to roll up at the shop and negotiate, maybe you'll get 10% off the price quoted, but most importantly you are then a customer of the hire shop, so the level of service/attention to detail goes up......... just what the fella said.
snow report
Some huge prices here, but ski and boot hire for 2 people for £112 for 6 days seems extraordinarily cheap. Is this really the correct price? Decent gear? Pointless to pay all that good money and then hire rubbish skis.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy