Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Main cable Car in Zermatt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am I right in saying that the cable car that brings you to the peak for summer skiing
(The 40 minute cable car) is at the Kein Matterhorn.
And would anyone now where I can get a good detailed map of zermatt with a legend box on it.
I found a good map with lots of numbers to mark hotels etc... but no key to tell you what they are.
Much appreciate any help.
Brian.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yep summer is at the klein matterhorn, sometimes out of season they direct you to schwarzsee and around, a little bit longer.
Dunno about a map.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stab,
Cheers,
Do you also know if your guaranteed skiing no matter what once your on the glacier.
Thanks again,
rian.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yeah apart from when it's windy it's every day.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Map - see if this helps:
on the official site zermatt.ch click on 'direct reservation hotels', then 'list of hotels', find and click hotel SONNE, then click 'Homepage'. You will now be on home page of the hotel, click 'Details', then 'village map'. That map shows hotels as little orange/brown blocks. When you place the arrow over a block the name of the lodging comes up below in the browser status bar.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Turns'n'turns,

Thanks, I'd been looking for that. To cut a bit of clicking short this link goes straight there ...

http://www.zermatt.ch/e/in_general/map/hotels.html
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
flexrip,

From resort it is 3 stages with the drag to 3899 making it 4, IIRC. You might be able to ski down to 2900 depending on the weather. Personally I would avoid August as too hot or it was when I was there a few years back now
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Even if it's scorching you can still get back to Trockener steg, or within spitting distance of it, I never get the cable car back down, that just feels wrong.

Ditto on the avoiding august, I've had the weather turn pretty crap around then, it snowed last year in august and was closed due to wind, june july is good, I had an awesome few days there last october, really warm, little did I know that was to be the curse of the winter.
It's worth checking when the snowboard camps/race training starts up, I tend to avoid it then, gets a bit busy. I think it's early june/late may.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy