Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiing school for a child?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi snowheads,

So my skiing pal decided it was time to teach his kid skiing (must have got bored skiing with me Laughing ). His son will be 4 years old next December. Can you recommend a resort that has a good school for children? We all want that first experience to be good and enjoyable for the boy, as if he doesn't like it from the start it will be very difficult to get him into skiing later.

Due to work committmenst they usually go skiing in December or early January so would probably be looking at Austria or Switzerland however all suggestions are most welcome.

Many thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Turns 'n' turns You will get all sorts of conflicting advice on a question like this.

I would strongly recommend one of the family friendly operators like ski esprit, who have all the facilities to make it a special time for youngsters like that. They will take them to lessons, feed them at lunch-time, entertain them in the afternoon (if they don't want to ski). There will be other English children that age in the chalet, lots of play activities, trained nannies etc etc.

I used them when mine were 3.5 and 2 and they had a ball.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can only give advise based on personal experience - we have skied the last few years in Vallandry (Les Arcs) over Christmas. Ski School we used was New Generation who were very good - search around here and you will get similar views.

Our kids started with them when 5 (twin boys) and 4 all enjoyed it.

Vallandry is a quiet resort geared IMHO around self-catering families, although there are also catered ones. At 4 it may be too much to have lessons every day, may get to tired. There is a very good nursery in Vallandry (Tom Pouce) which our daughter has used each year since aged 2.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks very much, Ray Zorro and Boris, we'll look into both those options.

Keep suggestions coming!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have also used New Gen in Vallandry. Good school - steep resort for kids.

Spirit 1950 at Arc 1950 were also good with our children and the resort is flat and compact.

With our two kids, we've always gone for two bedroomed apartments. It seems to work very well.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We went to Puy st Vincent new year 2006 with http://www.snowbizz.co.uk/ the whole resort was very family orientated and facilities/lesseons for the younger kids excellent
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
LIAMJ, did the same in march. Can't recommend enough. we will be back with them next year. My daughter is 5.5 years. Definitley worth having a couple of private lessons to give you and them the confidence to go up the lifts etc. Snowbizz private lessons were very good value.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Turns'n'turns
Quite a while since my children were that age but we had good experiences both in Lech and in Flims (About 9 and 7 years ago)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Prosneige in Val Thorens were excellent with ours and friends kids 2 seasons ago
http://www.prosneige.fr/en/
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Many thanks for all your suggestions.
Very Happy

Best wishes
T
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy