Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2008 Elan Wave Spice - Review

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Me: 40 year old advanced recreational, Female skier, 5'6" 126 lbs

Ski: 2008 Elan Wave Spice, 160 cm, sidecut 126/80/109

Flex: Stiff, burly ski

I first tried this ski at Kton during BumpPhest and, though I liked it on the terrain that wasn't bumped up, I didn't find this ski happy in the bumps at all which is not surprising because that is not really what it is made to do.

All of the local ski hills here in Michigan have been closed, but the recent snow storms allowed Boyne Highlands to open up for the weekend for a Big Air Contest they had cancelled, which also allowed a few of us to ski some limited terrain for one last hooray!

conditions:
Spring like, firm groomed for the first hour or two but softening to almost slush conditions by day's end.
After reading the literature on these skis, I was eager to click in and get these out for a real chance to see what they had to offer. They are the womens' Specific version of the Elan Magfire 12, and are being described at a Substantial Women Specific Ski.
They were not wrong. This ski performed very well on the firm groomed snow in the early morning and carried me through the afternoon crud, busting through anything in its path. There was little that this ski couldn't handle. I was skiing with a few guys who were willing to try it out and give their impression, and both were surprised at how well the Elan Wave Spice held up under their weight and power carves in the spring crud. I wouldn't be surprised if either/both of these guys check out the Elan Magfire in the upcoming season.

Rating on a scale of 1-5
Short turns: 4
Medium turns: 5
Long turns: 5+
Rebound: 4
Stability: 5
Forgiveness: 5
Grip: 4
Crud: 5+
Over all impression: 5+
The tested length was perfect for me at 126 lbs, but both of the guys said they would go for something more in the 170-175 ish range.
The side cut is definitely not a carver cut but perfect for the type of ski that it is.
If you're an advanced female skier looking for something that will let you conquer the mountain. The Elan Wave spice is definitely worth a try!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Has anyone gotten on the 2008 Elan Magfire 10 or 12?
I'm also curious about the Elan Free spice, and mag spice if anyone has had a chance to try them out yet.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Smart looking skis Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SnowHot, get a haircut!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was thinking something sassy and spicy would go well with the Spice Ski
What do you think?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy