Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arctic adventurers to acclimatise in Wales

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Polar Challenge sets off next April from the NW Territories in Canada, a gruelling team race on foot and skis, with teams bidding to be the first to arrive at the North Pole.

The closest three intrepid adventurers from Herefordshire and Merseyside have come to seeing a polar bear, by their own admission, would have been when driving past the Flamingo Land theme park in Yorkshire. They simply saw an ad for the epic race on tv and decided, on the spur of the moment, to give it a go. None of the three have any experience of the conditions they might expect to find north of the Arctic Circle. Undaunted, they are looking forward to some tough training in the Welsh hills, which, apparently, they believe will prepare them for the ordeal of temperatures ranging between -20C and -65C. Can they ski? Who knows.

This report from the BBC...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh dear I do hope someone has informed the potential rescuers Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Trust me if they get up to the brecons in winter it's perfect training it was colder there than in norway or at least it felt it
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Eddie the Eagle springs to mind.............still I'll wish them good luck of course for excellent charitys.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And tell them to watch out for the polar baas.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The top of Cader Idris in January (1982, it might have been) is about the coldest place I've been. Wouldn't have liked to have been stuck up there too long, despite being well-clothed and equipped. However, I've no Arctic experience to make comparisons!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It will certainly test if their kit is water proof, their mental strength in poor conditions, using the kit in poor conditions and teamworking.

There's another link to an article on that page about a trio who were doing it last year, at least they did some work in snow/colder conditions:

Quote:

The men have undertaken Royal Marine training in Norway in preparation for the race
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy