Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Living the dream

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok guys, i have semi-decided that it it time to combine my 2 favourite activieties in 1 big trip next winter.

I want to ski Whistler for 2 weeks (maybe more, possible a month), then fly to New Zealand to watch England play cricket, and maybe travel around for a few months.

Accomodation i know i can source (though suggestions would be gratefully recieved), but i just wanted to see if anyone had any good suggestions as to where to book flights, and whether it would be cheaper to buy a 1 way ticket to Vancouver and organise it from there.

Thanks in advance for the help.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevec, try

[url=http://www.airnewzealand.co.uk/airfares_offers/web_specials/specials/london_to_new_zealand_pacific_economy_special_with_hong_kong_and_los_angeles_stopover_options.htm]
London - LA - HK - NZ - London - six hundred quid plus Very Happy [/url]
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rayscoops, bit of a dog leg there mate. Don't you mean London-LA-NZ-HK-London?

When you're in NZ get a camper. Great way to see the country and you can pull over almost anywhere for the night.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rayscoops, Thanks, a very useful link

kiwi1, I know NZ pretty well from 1 years there a few years ago. I suspect it will be less of a camper, and more of a beat up station waggon with a sleeping bag!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kiwi1, probably, it was an optional stop but breaks the return leg up. I actually went from NZ to UK via Aus & BKK so I should know better Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am pretty sure it will be cheaper to buy the whole ticket in one go.
enjoy your trip
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Round-the-world ticket. Google it.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
abc, Had 1 a while ago when i did the RTW thing 4 years ago.

Was thinking there maybe be cheaper/more interesting ways of doing things. If it involves a little overland (down to LA for example) this would appeal!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stevec wrote:
abc, Was thinking there maybe be cheaper/more interesting ways of doing things. If it involves a little overland (down to LA for example) this would appeal!

Interesting: Ski in Japan on the way back?

Don't know if it's any cheaper one way or the other. I would guess not.

Can't figure out what's appealing in LA.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
abc, I like the Idea of skiing Japan, nice suggestion, in fact Whitler to ski, NZ for the cricket/sun, then Japan on the way home is very appealling!

In all honesty LA is not that appealing (I've been there twice, it is a $h1te hole), i guess i was saying that if it cheaper to fly to NZ from the US rather than Vancouver i've not afraid of a bit of over land to get there.

Thanks again for the ideas. snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stevec, I've done Vancouver, layover in Hawaii then Auckland. Its a great route. Its done through Air Canada who flight share with Air NZ.
Like you I can't stand LA and always try to avoid it.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I like kiwi's idea of Vancouver - Hawaii - Auckland. It breaks up a miserablely long flight (12 hours?) into more tolerable chunks. That's not counting the stopover being in Hawaii itself... wink

In fact, that's why I think a round-the-world ticket might be to your advantage. To benefit from most of the standard "cheap" flights, you usually have to go out and back, which is not the most interesting way to really TRAVEL.

But if need be, getting from Vancouver to LA isn't difficult. Lots of flights to choose from, and probably not hard to find an inexpensive one. Overland to LA can be a gorgeous road trip. But it most likely will cost you plenty more than flight. Better, either fly to SF and drive from there, or drive down to SF and fly to LA. Beautiful as the coast it is, after a couple hundred miles, it does become one big yawn when you realize you're still got a good thousand mile to go...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy