Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Cyber 18 skis (XL)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know anything about these skis in terms of suitability. My wife bought them in season 99/00 but has hardly used them. I tried them last season and quite liked them - perhaps because they are 160's. They are maybe too flexible though and seem very light.

My own skis are Rossignol Energy 99 178's but I am thinking of new all mountain skis e.g. Head Cyber IC 160 Super Railflex or Atomic C series C9 Pulse.

Any comments would be welcome.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
handyman, IF I HeAD to ski the Cyber 18s (or 24s or 22s) again, I would ski them at least 10, possibly 20cm longer than anything modern like the C9 pulse. I say that because I wonder how well matched the Cyber 18s are in 160cm to your size, weight, and strength.

I can fairly tell you that either of the current models you mention will perfom more than a little better on hardpack or at speed.

The shapes of shaped skis have been evolving very, very fast, almost as fast as computer gear. If you haven't tried anything recent, be prepared to be amazed by the difference.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
handyman? Can you tell us more about yourself and your skiing then?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
comprex, no problem. Height 5'6", weight - a too heavy 159lbs but am quite fit. Been skiing for more years than I care to remember (pension in sight) in Scotland, Europe & USA. At least 2 continental ski hols pa + one day per week in Scotland - snow permitting.

I hardly ever go off piste (might try this coming season) but ski everything in all conditions except mogul fields. Last season I unexpectedly ended up on holiday with a party of ski instructors, so it was really fast all week. I have always had quite long skis and did notice in the Trans Arc gondola at les Arcs that my skis were sometimes longer than people taller than me, which is why I tried my wife's skis for a week at Val d'Isere.

I am probably quite a good skier, advanced perhaps but have off days. My Rossi's are Energy 9.9 plus purchased in 1999. I fancy a shorter ski but have a feeling that the Head 18 is not quite right.

Was contemplating a last seasons model but don't mind paying more for a new model if it's worth it. I might also go for new boots as I find my Salomon Evolution 9 boots perhaps a shade too long.

Whilst on, I bought a pair off Dolomite sport carve boots in Italy about 5/6 years ago for £90 but have used them twice, size 320mm. Are they sellable?

Thanks for your interest.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
handyman, add the Volkl 4**** and 7 24 EXP to your demo list, figure around 163cm, but get some new boots!

I saw some (3pairs) Rossi Energy 9.9s selling for US$50 last weekend for use as mogul skis. Can't say anything about the Dolomites- it is a brand with very limited presence in the US market.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
comprex, thanks for info. Confused
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy