Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Maier has learnt to lose

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
translated from
Nouvelle Obs article
Quote:
Vienna, Austria (AP) –The Austrian skier Hermann Maier confirmed on Thursday that he’d learnt how to lose, and that he’d no longer take as many risks as in the past.
“By winning the World Cup on my return from injury I’d accomplished something incredible”, Maier said on Austrian radio station ORF. “Now I’m more easy-going, I can even lose.”
Maier, who recently announced that he hoped to race for a further three season, added: “I’d always been used to racing against older and more experienced rivals, so I had to take more chances as a result. Worse still, I hated to lose.”
Maier, 31 years old, added that the motorbike accident of three years ago, where he came close to losing a leg, had radically changed his life.
“Now I can handle losing because my accident made me realise what true defeat really means”.
Last year Maier was overall World Cup champion for the fourth time in his career, following his successes in 1998, 2000 and 2001.
The first race of the 2004/5 World Cup circuit takes place on the 23rd and 24th of October, in Soelden (Austria).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy