Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Majestic - Sansicario

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hay seen a few posts about this new hotel. Never been to San Sicario either. Can anyone fill me in with details about hotel and resort. Please bear in mind snow this year was probably poor?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was there last week of March. The place was full of snow. Best skiing condition I have seen comparing with Cervinia/Zermatt, Alpe d'Heuz/Les Deux Alpes and Crans Montana/Verbier.

There was so much snow that the avalanches risk was high enough to stop the links to Sestriere and Sauze d'Oulx.

Being possibly the quietest part of the Milky Way Sansicario is unbeatable. We were among the only few having the entire Olympic run, perfectly groomed, to ourselves.

Mind you better be quick, the snow at the bottom of the chairlift at Cesana was definitely starting to melt and turn watery.

Don't know where is Hotel Majestic but I found everywhere in the Milky Way was full of snow at the last week of March. Lorries had to install the snow chains in order to get up from Cesana to Claviere. I think we were lucky to hit the time it snowed.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey still looking for thoughts on this?

Anyone been or been to Sansicario itself?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been to the resort, stayed in that hotel. Its great - food was good, hotel is clean, modern, nicely equipped. San Sicario was v quiet, with decent snow (wasn't the best last year - but that was the same all over i think) the runs there are excellent. They were trying their best with snowmaking, but from the webcam i've seen there's a whole load more real snow there this year anyway Smile

Definitely recommend it - we were looking at going back again this year but the hotel has gone up a lot in price, so are going to Jouvencaux again instead.

I'll see if I can dig out any photos of it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Silly picture of us posing in these funky chairs:

Part of the dining area:

The base of San Sicario (short, but useless monorail from hotel to get to here - that's actually my only criticism of the hotel). This is also the view you'll get from the webcams of San Sicario, so you can see how much better the snow is this year!!

Bathroom:

Hope that's helpful.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey, Thanks for your detail specially photos. Have picked up the bit about the monorail.......is it possible to walk into town and can you walk to the lifts from the hotel? Considering we have kids (12 years old upwards). We are actually going to Morzine this year but fancy a change next year (have gone to Morzine the last 3 years)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy