Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What size and type of board ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
IncogSkiSno, for what it's worth, I was cautioned against Burton when I was looking at new boards - overpriced was the general opinion.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
this may just confuse you more... but here's a few more bits of info
- my flatmate has size 11 feet and has a wide board - asked him why and he said it gives him more options with how he arranges his bindings and as a big chappy - more surface area is good!
- i have an icon snowboard - very good value for money - however they're graphics are a bit on the boring side. Mine is plainish on the top - but at least its shocking pink underneath and looks like it glows from the bottom of the slope!!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also, this place http://www.francoiscogne.com/?id=23-0-0 is having an end of season sale. Friend of mine bought the Ride Control from here a few weeks ago, very happy with it.

Lots of us have bought kit from here this season - cheaper than resort, lots of choice. Don't know what they're like about shipping to the UK though.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard now if they had this one it would have been good http://www.ridesnowboards.com/boards/board.asp?ProductID=10&SKU=R06009#

mountain mad, we saw those glow colour board bases and thought they were rather cool Cool
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
UPDATE

I bought No1 son a Rome Flag 163 from Big Dreams in Wareham and No2 the 163 Nitro Suprateam from Filarinskis - both were discounted and if anyone wants to know the prices I paid then PM please, but I'd rather not say on here.

Big thanks to those on here and the SCUK members who helped me on this one. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi everybody,

i'm just discovering this interesting web site. actualy, i'm the owner oh the shop françois cogne, betwen grenoble and les 2 alpes or l'alpe d'huez. thanks to give my adress and link as a cool place. we always try to be cool with clients from Uk, really more friendly than the french ones!
i just would like to add that it's possible to shipp all aver the world (even in the UK!!). it's free shipping when it's full price and just a few € during the discount clearance.
Right now, we are looking after the new web site available about september 15th with all the news and also last season good prices. this season, the web site will be in french + english!!

Thanks again for the compliments, i wish you a lot of snow and a great ride, warmly, Pat.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i've just forgot to give the web site: www.francoiscogne.com
available september 15th; bye Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
IncogSkiSno, I'm 6' 3" and 13.5st and started on a 166cm board but although it's great for razzing down long runs, it's pooh for quick, technical riding where you have to do quick turns. Just got myself a 157 elan board and it's mega - plus it only cost me £40 off ebay!!

Don't want to start a debate (it will inevitably happen nonetheless) but I'd maybe get them slightly shorter boards because there's no doubt they'll want to do some tricks and long boards are a pain for that, as I've found down at MK. Shorter sticks (apparently) aren't as quick on long downhills but who cares?

If you want a bargain, forget all this Burton rubbish and look on www.sierrasnowboards and go for something like the GNU carbon High Beam 157W (£85 + £50 p&p) or one of the Capita or Lib-Tech boards. Was going for the GNU myself but picked up the Elan, which is awesome... but I might be tempted by a GNU before the season's out!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

www.filarinskis.co.uk has some nice Nitro, Atomic and Venue oards at rock-bottom prices too. Good service at that shops too.

I don't ride a wide board and I'm wearing size 12 Burton Moto boots (admittedly slightly too large for me) with Flow Eleven bindings and I have no problems about catching edges because of overhanging protuberences.

Remember... buy them Flow bindings too and they'll love you even more for ever and ever !! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Specialman, I shall try out at those boards at PSB Mondial wink wink Like you I have a longish and stiff board which is like an oil tanker to turn on big moguls (Verbier black down the back under the gondola a nightmare) and no good for the slightest trick or sharp turn (but great for hammering along on though Very Happy and very stable) so I need something a bit more fun and multi-tasking.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My mate has two GNU CHBs and he rates them as the best boards he's every ridden, and he's had Ride, Burton and K2 sticks before.

Can't wait to get my Elan out to the Alps... roll on winter (and lottery win)!! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Specialman, if you want me to try your Elan out for you at L2A, PM me accordingly Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rayscoops, Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy