Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgl Resort Report Feedback Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is a feedback thread for fatirishman's resort report (and mine):

Obergurgl (March 2007)
Obergurgl (March 2005)

Feel free to add, comment, or write your own report...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for that. Going for the second time on Sunday and really looking forward to it
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Peter, is that the second time ever, or the second time this season? snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hoppo, ever! We went last year when my wife and I had only a weeks experience on skis (I had about 6 weeks on board however) and the first day or two spooked us as we heard it was supposed to be really cruisey long blue runs. We even named that "blue" into town Nemesis.

Fortunately there was an almighty dump and it all just clicked for both of us in glorious conditions. We had a fave first thing run which was the bottom section of blue 6 (which the ski schools liked as well) which we named D-Ream.

We both have a lot more experience and composure now and looking forward to Nemesis, and getting over to Hochgurgl which seemed all too daunting last year.

Above all else, we reckon its the most kiddy friendly resort we have been to
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is a new gondola now going right up to Hohe Mot and there's a fabulous new restaurant up there , also a new red run from Hohe Mot..mighty stuff altogether. We loved Obergurgl but getting a bit too expensive now. snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
alicia, and it's snowed today
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Off to Obergurgl over New Year... keen to try out the new lifts and restaurants
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hoppo.. lucky you..Have you been to Obergurgl before ?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hoppo, further to my post above from we went for the third time this Easter just gone. A year makes a big difference as we can now ski properly and skied the whole two mountains and know the whole thing off by heart now.

The new restaurant is in fact very good. We went up there for lunch one day and the food was probably the best Ive had on a mountain, easily. The red run down is pretty good, a bit narrow in places (but not a problem) and the snow wasnt all that on that particular run (strange because we were skiing fresh powder all day every day that week, except for that one run which was quite hard and scrapy.) Further, that chair takes a while to get up there and the length of the run to come down seemed to be short in terms of travel time to ski time ratio (hereinafter referred to as the TT/ST Ratio!).

The previous Gainsbourg (sp?) chair has gone and is now a two part bubble whereby you can get off where the chair used to end, or stay on and go all the way to the top of the new red. Very good, particularly with the kids and makes the resort feel a lot more slick.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
alicia, yes, we went in March 2005 - one of the reports at the top is mine.

Peter, sounds good!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Going at Christmas cant wait, any tips welcome
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy