Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

April slushfest or not ?

brian
brian
Anyone else going away next week and a bit concerned at the sub-tropical medium range forecasts ?

Well, the 06z GFS control run has just dived south. Hopefully an encouraging sign. I love a bit of spring snow but I want a little bit of freshness too ! wink

Hope kitenski and Frosty packed plenty of suncream !
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Off down to Haute Savoie on Saturday. Things didn't look good yesterday but more promising now..........
Either way it will be Powder Laughing or some Touring for Spring Snow Cool
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brian, where are you off to?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pack your fat twins and prepare to give everyone a good roostering Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob, yeah, thanks! Wink

(video to follow) Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob wrote:
Pack your fat twins and prepare to give everyone a good roostering Very Happy Very Happy

No need to be rude about his children Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Off to Saalbach-Hinterglemm on friday - fingers crossed some colder temps are heading that way. rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hope the current forecast holds true, little bit of snow early this week then clear skies, as I'm going heliskiing on Friday Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 brian
brian
Wear The Fox Hat, the Val d'Anniviers.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Woo-hoo, cold and snowy weather makes it onto the 12z operational around the 13th-15th. Hopefully this is a new pattern emerging !
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
brian, /slushy at the bottom here today, but might not stay, depends on snowfall. However it's normally fairly slushy at 1600m in april - last year was exceptional.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
easiski, it was starting to melt a bit at the top as well - predict it will be a bit crispy all over the place tomorrow morning. Minor complaint though, given the time of year etc - conditions still very good everywhere.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
looks touch and go according to Wetterzentrale for next week, but I'm not a weatherman
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Well the hopeful signs of anything cold haven't come to anything yet, looking very warm by the weekend and getting even warmer next week.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
brian, dunno where you're looking, but if I look out of my window we had snow down to about 750 m overnight Very Happy
latest report
 brian
brian
eng_ch, yeah I know, which is great, but as I said, warm by the weekend and I'm not skiing until Monday. Here's MeteoSuisse:

"Evolution probable du vendredi au lundi :

Actualisée le 04.04.2007, 11.40
Nord des Alpes et Alpes :
De vendredi à lundi : temps bien ensoleillé. Températures en augmentation progressive, avec des maxima compris entre 16 et 20° sur le Plateau, jusqu'à 22 en Valais et dans les Grisons. Encore un peu de bise sur le Plateau vendredi."
ski holidays
The German version has a Bise blowing all week thoguh, whcih should keep things in check. Meteoschweiz isn't dreadfully accurate in its timings, I find - it's OK for general trends but the weather they forecast often comes along 24-48 hours after they initially suggest. I'm planning on heading out on Sat and I'm not too worried (but prepared to eat my words Wink )
snow conditions
 brian
brian
eng_ch, the weekend should be gorgeous, where are you skiing ?
ski holidays
brian, TBA but we need to go to Laax before 15th to get our season tickets (couple of hundred CHFs off before end April, and valid for summer season too - not to mention Lenzerheide and Davos/Klosters - but ticket office closes on 15th). But if it's like last w/e with whiteout there and bluebird day at Hoch-Ybrig, we'll head there instead. This is my intention anyway Wink
snow report
 brian
brian
eng_ch, a season ticket ! Exciting Very Happy

I think I'll get one for the Anniviers next year. I think they're only about £250 for an adult as part of a family group.
snow conditions
brian, the Topcard is a bit more - CHF 915 per adult if bought before the end of April. But as I said, that then covers the entire year incl summer season, and covers 3 big resorts - total of best part of 700 km of pistes I guess
ski holidays
eng_ch, over your way from tomorrow until Tuesday. Engelberg, Davos we're looking to try I think/hope snowHead
snow conditions
Sharkymark, yes? I'm working on teh basis of sleeping on Friday Wink but if you were thinking of Laax, maybe drop me a PM
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Will do. My mate's based in Winterthur so Laax maybe an option: an excuse for me to drive his Focus ST snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sharkymark, lol Smile Hoch-Ybrig also an option, weather depending
latest report
Can anyone see anything beyond loads of rain next week, even for Tignes??????? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow report
 brian
brian
pam w, looks like a fair bit of rain early in the week, certainly below 2000m. I think above 2500m it should fairly safely fall as snow. Looks like tending to be drier towards the second half of the week.

Edit: and it'll be quite localised so you could get downpours or not much at all.
snow report
Just back from Arinsal (sic possibly) in the Pyrnees. Plenty of April pow pow there. 40cms on last Tuesday followed by another 10. Soft snow, but most certainly some powder to be had.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
Can anyone see anything beyond loads of rain next week, even for Tignes??????? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Todays forecasts for Tignes are;

Metcheck - Rain, Snowforecast.com - snow showers, Tignes Meteo - Sunshine

Reallity - SUNSHINE Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Once again Metcheck & Snowforecast are wrong so i am not too worried about the rain forecast for next week Confused

Metcheck forecsat rain again for today. Reallity - Sunshine & a few high clouds in the afternoon although the temperatures have been high Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy