Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Calling number 25, your time is now!"

Poster: A snowHead
I have pratically no stock of boots left, however those i have amount to 6,000,000 pairs of size 25. Any offers?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How far can you stretch them? Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, thats strange there seems to be a glut of 25 over here too 27's on the other hand are about as common as rocking horse 5h!t Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don;t want to restart the shoe size vs boot size debate, but what does a 25 appoximate to?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SZK do tell me what you have as I'd be interested in some for my eldest daughter who is a UK7.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, well...my tecnicas are a 25.5 - will I fit anything that's suitably rigid? You might well get a buying decision out of me this season...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Murdoch wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER,........You might well get a buying decision out of me this season...

Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon, I narrowly avoided a Stockli DP Pro purchase this afternoon, phew!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How bizarre. I am a shoe size 39/40 and ski boot 25. Try getting any 39s in any other shoe sale and you haven't a prayer. But I got just the boots I wanted in the sale in a 25, so I am thrilled. I was fully expecting to be told they'd sold out of my size.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
clara_jo, bit of luck ...... whatever you do as a buyer for a footwear business there is always one size that is 'left on the shelf' next year it will be 26 or 27 all common sizes.... but it's not like buying T shirts....you have to estimate the number of each size you will sell in each ability level and in each last shape...... when you get it spot on one year you can guarantee that next year the size curve or the ability of the skiers coming through the door will shift Puzzled rolling eyes

oh i love footwear rolling eyes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In perspective, though, any area of retailing is subject to unpredicted demand changes.

On a more general level, demand for seasonal clothing can vary wildly according to whether it is warmer/colder/wetter/drier than an average year.
And what about demand for fashion/taste items, from records to cars?

Given that ski boots are a necessity of the sport, there is - at least - that factor underpinning the overall demand for them.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David Goldsmith, if they were all black in one style [just different flexes and shapes] then we could sell em all next year at full price....assuming next years were all black in one style.....this might stop the fashion victim comments like i can't have these they don't match my jacket Little Angel
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Please put in a written request for standardised black ski boots from your suppliers. It would be interesting to read their responses.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CEM,
Quote:

this might stop the fashion victim comments like i can't have these they don't match my jacket

Laughing Laughing

Now, you know, the colour has nothing to do with it
Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David Goldsmith, Laughing Laughing Laughing

i remeber the days when mosrt companies kept the graphics on skis and boots the same for 2 seasons....makes me feel old
snow report
CEM, Why can't you sell last years product at full price? If it's still the right shape and you do the work....................We don't see this as a problem, when a product reaches 5years old and the technology moves on, then maybe. If we discount the price we then charge for the fitting, simple.
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, rolling eyes Last year's would definitely be the wrong colour Twisted Evil
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, how old were the flexons ..... Toofy Grin Toofy Grin i have no problems
snow conditions
CEM, C'mon, you have many problems, albiet few of them reside within ski boot fitting! Toofy Grin
latest report
CEM wrote:
David Goldsmith, Laughing Laughing Laughing

i remeber the days when mosrt companies kept the graphics on skis and boots the same for 2 seasons....makes me feel old

I didn't realize they put graphics on wood and leather. Wink
ski holidays
Common folks - would would the average punter do if retailers always 'got it right' - it always feels good to get a last seasons bargin (in any product). I always go out looking for a bargin, but a lot of times coincidentally buy something full price at the same time - I should think its good for custom for folks to think they've got a good deal occasionally.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, sell them to S&R - I'm sure they have a few customers who should be in 23s...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy