Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to do a season?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey folks,

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions about where I should do a season for the winter 07/08 season? USA or Europe?

I had a contact in Whistler that could have helped me out but I looked on the BUNAC website and I can't get a visa to get out there until Feb 08 which means missing half the season!

I just got back from Chatel in France and loved it. So maybe Europe would be better? But I've been told Brekenridge is a good place to go, but how easy/costly is it to get a visa for the USA?

I've enjoyed teaching tennis and golf to children so would like to be active, out and about for my job while I'm there not stuck inside cooking or cleaning as I'm rubbish at that!

What jobs have people enjoyed before? Lift operator, or pass checker etc. etc. Anyone have any pearls of wisdom, or has anyone heard of anything that was a great job for the season, or something that was aweful which should be avoided at all costs?

Cheers guys,
Ben

snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bensley, Snowheads in Whistler have had an absolute ball this year. nuff said.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bensley, try for ski guide if you like being out all the time - Le Ski, Ski Miquel, Ski Peak for a start.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Vail Resorts will put you through visa etc if they like you enough - they bring in lots of South American kids etc for seasonal work.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
go to www.natives.co.uk and ask on there...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lots of American resorts will arrange an h2b visa for you, just check out their websites. They normally apply for them pretty early, anywhere from May to July although Sun Valley doesn't get off their butt till nearly September normally.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bartending is a working option, tips, contacts & when you can get out of bed, powder options. It's good to have days or mornings off for skiing.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
I've enjoyed teaching tennis and golf to children so would like to be active, out and about for my job while I'm there not stuck inside cooking or cleaning as I'm rubbish at that!

bensley, Why don't you look at the Interski setup?

I've no direct experience of them myself but it looks like if your ski/board level is adequate then you could train towards an instructor license during your season.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy