Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler end of April?

Poster: A snowHead
Any views on how the skiing will be in Whistler at the end of April? It looks like Whistler shuts but Blackcoombe stays open, so what kind of skiing could I expect?

Regards,

Greg
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski,

Meet us in LG.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks like I may be in the Seattle area at the end of April, so not too close to LG JT Wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski,

Priorities, Greg, priorities...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski,
Should be loads of snow as they have a really good base. I've not skied blackcomb after mid april (because they shut it normally - this year they are doing something with the whistler gondola so have shut Whistler instead). It was pretty much spring skiing - wait for the sun to get on the slopes a bit then follow it round to get them whilst just right before they go to slush. Sitting outside the roundhouse for lunch or a beer down the bottom, chilling in the sun is great - no crowds, very chilled Cool
Saying that, apparently it's not that unusual to get a big storm and end up skiing powder snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was there the other week and this bloke told me that the season doesn't really end until June 2nd!

So you should be OK.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski wrote:
It looks like Whistler shuts but Blackcoombe stays open, so what kind of skiing could I expect?

Why do all the British insist on calling it Black-"coom"? You don't pronounce one of those implements with teeth for brushing your hair a "coom" do you?

Tsk! rolling eyes wink

PS The mountain should be quiet at least, even if it is slushy.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowy, you mean a comb Very Happy rather than a coombe which is an english valley or hollow. i think we had the pronounciation first Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rayscoops, I mean Blackcomb ("Black-coam") isn't pronounced Blackcoombe ("Black-coom"). It has nothing to do with little hamlets in the west country. Little Angel

When in Whistler, pronounce places as the Whistler-ites do.
(When in Squamish, give up trying to pronounce "squARRmish" properly.) wink Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowy, I've never heard anyone pronounce it "Black-coom" - is it some kind of (English) softy Southerner talk?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snowy, I thought you were suggesting it was Whistler/Blackcoombe but pronounced comb, I stand corrected Very Happy Thinking about it, I was over there in Feb and have the pronounciation of Blackcomb as 'Blackcoombe' in my mind for some reason too Very Happy Strange, I shall ponder this at leisure Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We had pretty wintry conditions in the alpine parts in mid-April last year
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I agree with Snowy, it's quite irritating to hear the Brits (who do) mis-pronounce it around here.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for confirming I'm not going mad veeeight. Smile

I did look down at all you supergroup instructors one week, when on the Solar Coaster and wonder which one you were. Isn't it time you got a new uniform? The snowboard instructors seem to get a new uniform every other year. I'm not sure about the powder-blue though. wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yup. New outfit next year.

We refer to that particular blue as "brokeback blue" wink
snow conditions
Snow was good for most of last week as the wearther was cold, but started warming up Wedndesday and by Thursday getting bare and slushy on the lower runs and sticky/slushy in the afternoon from just above Glacier Creek.
snow conditions
22cm in the last 12 hours, 34cm in th last 24 hours, freezing level down to 700m.

And it's light stuff too, none of that gloop.

I'm off out now!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy