Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free Xtrem and outdoorsports magazine

Poster: A snowHead
hi folks,
just a little note for tell you that the webmag glissemag.com is now available in english under the name rootsmag.com.
This mag is open to every action sports and outdoor sports,and you read it as a book fliping pages with your mouse.
If you want to publish a story,this mag is open to all good reportage,we can also broadcast videos into the book.
Come have a look to it,take your time for read it,and watch the videos within articles.
If you want to join the rootsmag adventure, feel welcome to contact us!
peace!
www.rootsmag.com

Pass the word!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm. Site does have an English version. Relies on Flash. Doesn't float my boat, but I have seen worse examples of pimping by a new poster.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi achilles,
the website is in english www.rootsmag.com
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
nocomp, I like this - great images - and the flash works really well for me. Let us know when the next one is out. I think "rootsmag" sucks as a name though - sounds like a magazine for Rastafarian Gardeners...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hi stoatsbrother thx for the support, Very Happy
I am glad it works fine for you we ve put quite a lot of work in it for make it more convenient to read.
well sorry for the name,the original name is glissemag wich means nothing in english, that s why we decided to change the name for the english issue..
We plann to release one issue every month, next week ll have a special one about the salomon xwing rally happening at the moment through the french alps,i ll keep you inform!
best regards
nocomp
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
nocomp, Wow. Some great pics. Love the idea.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had no problems loading or flipping the pages - the look and feel of a magazine comes across well, and the pages can be dipped into as per a hardcopy. The photography was superb, the approach of the magazine is clearly to grab the younger streetwise extreme sports enthusiast - possibly aimed more at a male audience than female?.

I have no problems with reading magazines of this type - the style of the magazine reflects the sports it is portraying (N.B. I am female aged 38!), but I do have to add that, despite an appreciation of the intended audience type and realisation that I am not part of it, is it really necessary to resort to use of the 'F' word to grab the attention of the audience. Particularly on the first page - though equally as jarring on any of them. Apart from this minor criticism the magazine is the sport it portrays, and in this it is doing a good job.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum,
thx for your critics toward the magazine,i deeply appreciate it,even if cause english is not my mother language i didn t rellay get what you said in the last part of your comments.
Unfortunately our goal is not to grab you young steet enthouastic,but the ppl that used to ride in their "ancien" life and now, more layback but want to keep an eye on the sport.
You ll find far more papers about freestyle and lifestyle than ppl sking on handrails in streets with 2 sqf of snow,that s not our philisophy.
I eeply hope than in the future the mag will go in the direction that u appreciate,and,remember that the mag is open to any good idea of reportage,so if you want to share a trip,an experience,and you have good pics or video of it,well send it to redaction@glissemag.com and we ll manage to publish it.
Btw (i am 37 , 30y of downhill skateboarding, old scholl rulez!) Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There must be a better name for an extreme sports mag... what's wrong with glissemag? We understand, compris?

I like the page turning software (best I've seen) and the video clips merged in with the static content. Apart from that though it's pretty but not hitting the spot. It's not the name that needs changing for the UK market but the content... taking stuff that's on message for French readers and translating into English simply doesn't work. I'd say just stick to the pics, captions and vids. And Megamum is absolutely right about the use of the F word... it's the apex of uncool when used in print - it means they can't write.

Quote:

Unfortunately our goal is not to grab you young steet enthouastic,but the ppl that used to ride in their "ancien" life and now, more layback but want to keep an eye on the sport.
You can't have your cake and eat it. Your advertisers will be looking for a particular audience and you'd better deliver it or they'll be off.

I'm a 94 year old transvestite and a speed skier.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
hi Bode Swiller ,
thx for your interesting coments,i truelly appreciate.
Well,all these details that some of you like or dislike,at least have the advantage to proove that this mag has not been made by some big dark marketing corporations wanting to get hold in the buisness Wink that s a good point Smile
Why we launched this mag is quite simple.I don t know how it works in your countries,but as far as i can see it in france ,most of the media are into a sort of relationship quite dodgy with some brands,wich has for result that you won t hera of such or such rider unless his sponsor buy some adv in the mag.That idea of the duty of a mag mage me sick.
Running a photo agency in that scene,we though that it is necesseary to create a mag belonguing to riders, where everybody can scream how he s proud to practice the sport he like,share experience to other ppl,regardless of his skills,it s not because somebody is not a pro rider that he can t be interesting.
That s why ,that is the main reason why we created glissemag.
Then we came to do a version in english cause we found that 64 different coutries were reading the french version,and i doubt that ll undersoud the articles,so i though that ll be more respectfull to readers to write in a language they might understand.
This mag is absoluty a volonteer work,and the adv u saw in it are based on partneship without financial flavours.
Now you know all the story,and i thx you again for your reactions.
best regards
p.s sorry for my english,it s just left over from 5y in nz

rolling eyes rolling eyes
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller, Thanks for the support on the F word issue.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hi folks,
can you explain me a bit more about this f word issue cause i am completly lost.
thx! Blush
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Putain, enculer! How often do you print these words? wink Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
?????!!!! where id you saw that? Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nocomp, Exactly, you wouldn't print "Putain enculer." The point being the F word has the same effect on some people. Little Angel
snow report
2nd paragraph 2nd word of the EDITO page

also:

GPP - page - the Heading: GPP what the **** is that
snow conditions
nocomp, "Baise moi." = "F me". you there yet?
latest report
Oh ok well, for the gpp, it s part of the reason of their action,re educate kiddies,and for the edito part, it s cause of my english "skills" wich is sometimes too "casual"
my apologies for that!
promise to be "smarter" on next issue.
thx again for your comments!
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Thanks for your help.
snow conditions
nocomp, I have no problems with your content and i love using the F word, how a word relating to sex can offend in these modern times i don't know, the must all be Fishing Idiots to let a Fishing trout like me, Pass the Fishes off with some Stupid Fishing word.

I give this post 10mins before it self destructs.

Sorry MODS, i think i have a spot of tourettes this morning! Toofy Grin

EDITED FOR THE POST WAR GENERATION Laughing

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 30-03-07 13:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
Megamum, Sorry babe, this is no longer post war Britain. I'll get me coat. "EASYJET!"
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, And there was me being nice to you Confused
ski holidays
Megamum, Why wouldn't you wan't to nice to me, i need to let off steam every now and again, nothing personal, i'm rude to everyone. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Good to know I've not been singled out then!!
snow report
Megamum, Two nights no sleep, i'm a little crabby, need a haircut and a shave, need some sunshine, need to forget the disaster that was this winter, need to be a better boyfriend, need to be better all round, need to have a winge on that Depressed Thread.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, stop it, you are scaring the children!
snow report
Hi folks,
well thx to all of you for your recommandations, and some have been usefull.
We drop rootsmag.com and keep only glissemag.com wich is the original name, and now the website will host both languages.
It still under sonstruction but this it how it ll be www.rootsmag.com
This week you will have two new issue, one about the amazin salomon xwing rally accross the alps, and another one about the candide thovex invitational.
Stay tune and thx again of your support!
best regards .
nocomp
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy