Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My poor old B2s are delaminating

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Booger!!! My first ever pair of skis. Only had 7 weeks use Evil or Very Mad Although I guess that they have had a fair old hammer over the 3 years that I have had them, gauges, dents, rock chips etc. Still should have a couple of trips left in them, but perhaps my jump landing should be improved.

I may have to look round in the sales... hmmmm... a pair of twin tip fats and hire piste skis or go for slaloms and hire powder skis Puzzled rolling eyes Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Scarpa, go for Volkl Karmas or Mantras, and you won't need to hire. Missions if a twin tip isn't vital. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kramer, Cheers fella. I had a bit of an accident coming backwards down the jump park wall when my rear tips dug in - cue bruised coccyx Shocked

Plus I've only just started to learn this skiing backwards lark so I reckon it's defo the twin tips. I might hire for the odd day and try a few models, if I end up back inNZ next year I'll demo those lovely bamboo core skis.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scarpa, I've PM'd you.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scarpa, Those kingswoods look nice eh mate. See me at the EoSB. One of the HSFC skis that I distribute (the classic) is a bamboo core. Have a play and see what you think.
All the skis I distribute apart from some of the Titicaca are twins. Have a play on them all.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kiwi1,

NEW!
ARROWSMITH:
You asked for it! The Arrowsmith is a big-mountain charger designed to arc fast turns in all conditions.

Guess what my surname is... yup.. Arrowsmith hehehe
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kiwi1, was that one of your easier sales? wink Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kiwi1, Titicaca?? I've never heard of them in my life and now twice in two days!

One of my friends just bought some Titicaca Bouton Rouge from a ski shop as he left the resort.
Apparently the shop was closing down and they were so cheap that he just bought them on-spec (along with several pairs of goggles and three jackets which he is now trying to pimp off onto his friends!).

So what style/quality of ski has he bought?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rungsp, It's a nice ski. Its a v-light, Austrian made park ski. Around an 80mm waist but quite stiff for a park twin so OK on the piste also.

Scarpa, Mate that looks like a nice ski. For years I've been wanting to try Kingswood skis. Have you skied them? I like the way the company works where you have to order them from the factory and they make your ski for you to your color choice and stiffness.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks....I wonder if I should tell him....he is the skier least likely to go into the park I have ever met!!

I was half thinking of taking them from him for my son but in the Stockli Rotor thread here Nessy put me onto some Scott Missions, very slightly used on a magazine test, mounted with Sollie rental bindings (which I wanted, they allow for growing feet). 168cm for €290. I think I'll get those instead.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A bunch of guys over on TGR did a group order on Kingswood last year. I've only seen good reports on them.
Have a look on their web pages...the Mega Fat....wow...it's name is not wrong!

I am still hoping that a Kiwi friend of mine can be persuaded to carry a pair back to the UK for me...but probably the "mid" fat

So from www.kingswoodskis.com

MEGAFAT:
The fattest ski in our range, the megafat received rave reviews in 2006. They say once you go fat, you'll never look back.

dimensions: 185cm 174/146/159
sidecut radius: 30m
price: NZ$1500

FAT:
Our more modest powder ski.

dimensions: 185cm 136/116/128
price: NZ$1295
sidecut radius: 34m

dimensions: 170cm 136/110/128
price: NZ$1250
sidecut radius: 27.0m

ARCHETYPE
Based on our top-selling mid-fat, the Archetype is the new standard for all-rounders. By popular demand, we've added a 170cm version of this ski.

dimensions: 185cm 130/104/118
price: NZ$1295
sidecut radius: 24m

dimensions: 170cm 131/98/119
price: NZ$1250
sidecut radius: 21m

And I love the fact that this is what they call the Skinnyn (personally I ski a 86mm underfoot all the time so I can relate to them. However there are a LOT of SnowHeads who consider normal to be 68mm or so and 86mm to be "fat".

SKINNY:
Comfortable on-piste and unafraid of powder.

dimensions: 185cm 120/86/112
price: $NZ1295
sidecut radius: 20m

dimensions:170cm 120/86/110
price: $NZ1250
sidecut radius: 18m
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yeah. Thats the best way to buy them as you have to buy directly from the factory in NZ so buy getting a group you're keeping the shipping down.

I've also heard nothing but good things about Kingswood.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kiwi1, I haven't tried them... hey - I'm an old B2 guy hehehe - never skied on really fat things. Maybe that's why I hit so many rocks ploughing deep though the soft stuff Puzzled I might be back working in Kiwiland come September so I should be able to track a pair of Kingswoods down Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy